Recoil comparison

Info, pictures, advice...
jstarck

Recoil comparison

Post by jstarck »

My P64 hasn't arrived yet, but I've read a lot of posts regarding recoil being a bit stout.

How would you compare it to the recoil from something like a Kimber Ultra Carry II .45 ACP? I shot one recently and really liked it quite a bit.

Other than that, I shot a S&W .357 Mag (4" barrel) years ago.

I'm curious how the P64 recoil compares to those two guns without the Wolff springs (which I'll probably go ahead and order).

Thank you
kurremkarm

Recoil comparison

Post by kurremkarm »

45 is more like a push when I shot it. My 357 doesn't have much kick unless you are shooting hot loads. p-64 has a pretty direct recoil and I didn't notice much difference between the stock spring and the 20 pound recoil spring.
cichlid

Recoil comparison

Post by cichlid »

There's another recoil thread a few topics down. I have a Kel-Tec PF9 and think it kicks more than my P-64 with the spring upgrades. I can shoot 50 at the range fine, but if I go 100, my hand is worn out. If it's going to be your carry piece, shoot 25 through it every couple months.
jstarck

Recoil comparison

Post by jstarck »

Thanks guys, much appreciated. That's good info. I'll be sure to search the other threads since it's a good chance my questions have probably been answered elsewhere too. Thanks again.
kragluver

Recoil comparison

Post by kragluver »

Recoil for the P64 feels pretty stout, but I don't think its any worse than some of the other light-weight mouse guns out there. One of the slip on Hogue grips helps. 50-100 rds per range session is the most I care to shoot out of it. I much prefer shooting my 1911 as far as comfort goes. I don't see the P64 as a plinker, but its a serious CCW pistol IMO.
zenithman2003

Recoil comparison

Post by zenithman2003 »

I would have to agree with kurremkarm. My colt 1911 has a kick but more subdued. My two P64's have a recoil like my ruger LCP. It's more of a sharp rap that can after a while, start to wear you down. I don't see any difference at all in the recoil between the aftermarket springs and the stock ones. I absolutlely love the guns however and would never give them up. I love the style and the excellent construction. A super value. Art
One more old gun and my wife says she is going leave me. Boy, I'm sure going to miss her.