Gander Mountain P-64 for sale

Info, pictures, advice...
gixxer9999

Post by gixxer9999 »

I'm new to the board so just wanted to drop a line to let people know to check your local GM stores. I was able to get my P-64 for 149.00 plus I had a 75.00 gift card so ended getting a sweet deal. On the down side GM ammo for the P-64 was 37.00 for 50 rounds. I found way better deals at scheels from 19.00 for 50 and up.. Good luck!!
kurremkarm

Post by kurremkarm »

Last i checked cheaper than dirt had brown bear for under 9 bucks. Gander mountain in wichita has the p-64 for 250 bucks with 1 mag. pfft
gixxer9999

Post by gixxer9999 »

I'll check out the ammo at that site. Sorry I forgot to tell I did get two clips and the holster for the 149.00 at GM. 250.00 seems really high. I have had luck in the past talking to the store manager to get them to lower the price on other guns but the P-64 was 149.00 so didn't ask for anymore of a discount. Thanks for the line on the ammo...
probyt

Post by probyt »

You done good! I bought mine at Gander Mountain in Texarkana,Tx for 199.99 plus a 15.00 Texas to Arkansas transfer fee. I got the last one of this batch.
blackblade

Post by blackblade »

gixxer9999 wrote:I'm new to the board so just wanted to drop a line to let people know to check your local GM stores. I was able to get my P-64 for 149.00 plus I had a 75.00 gift card so ended getting a sweet deal. On the down side GM ammo for the P-64 was 37.00 for 50 rounds. I found way better deals at scheels from 19.00 for 50 and up.. Good luck!!
Should be able to get 1,000 rds/$200 + shipping for Brown Bear, Silver Bear or Wolf at Ammunitiontogo.com, Aimsurplus or J&G Sales. I usually buy a case at a time because I also see Winchester for ungodly prices. Even S&B reloadable brass is about $150 for 500 rds. I do have considerable difficulty finding any Hornady XTP rds anymore.
gixxer9999

Post by gixxer9999 »

Thanks for the info on the ammo. Its really hard to find 9x18 around where I live. I will be ordering some!!!!!
tooldawg99

Post by tooldawg99 »

Stopped in a GM store in NC and inquired about the 149 price on the P-64...

Was told no way it was sold for 149.00.

The store computer shows all pricing for the p-64 to be at 249.99 retail, with occasional sales dropping it to 199.99. I asked about the one in this post selling at 149.99 and was told by the store manager it was not possible to sell at that price, that someone would get fired for violating store policy if it did happen.

Don't look for any more at that price, as they are not out there!
ronc

Post by ronc »

Any reloaders here?

How do you collect your brass? My pistol launches it into the next county. I have used a brass catcher attached to my shooting hand but that is PITA.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

ronc wrote:Any reloaders here?

How do you collect your brass? My pistol launches it into the next county. I have used a brass catcher attached to my shooting hand but that is PITA.
I guess have your wife, kid, or a friend stand next to you with a butterfly net! Haha. I wouldn't know of anything better than what you're currently doing unless you're on a bare patch of ground so that you can see them in the open. My CZ-52 does a real nice job launching brass, practically 2 countries over.
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
robalan

Post by robalan »

There is another subject related to using your safety. Someone named Boomer beat his P64 with a hammer to see if it would fire with the abuse. I am wondering if Boomer sold his P64 to Gander Mountain after he beat it with a hammer. That could explain why it was sold for $149 instead of $249.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

robalan wrote:There is another subject related to using your safety. Someone named Boomer beat his P64 with a hammer to see if it would fire with the abuse. I am wondering if Boomer sold his P64 to Gander Mountain after he beat it with a hammer. That could explain why it was sold for $149 instead of $249.
Ha ha ha ha ha :)
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
robalan

Post by robalan »

Thanks!
boomer

Post by boomer »

Nope, I still have my P 64 and now that I refinished it looks like black satin. This is my primary carry pistol now. Sure is pretty.

Just finished striping that baked on paint on my Cz 82 and it will go in the blueing tank tomorrow. The metal is not as smooth under that paint and I spent a lot a time with 800 and 1500 paper to get it where I wanted it.

There is just nothing prettier than a blued pistol in my eye. I like to get them to the point you can see your reflection.

Boomer.
boomer

Post by boomer »

By the way guys that Silver Bear and Brown Bear Ammo is good stuff. I stay away from Wolf like Norm recommends. I have seen what damage a punctured primer can do. I will make a paper weight of a P 64 in a heartbeat. I got into a pool with about 5 Mak owners and we bought a case of S&B Brass FMJ. This is real good stuff.

Boomer
robalan

Post by robalan »

Boomer, I have to admit a refinished P64 would look great. I have a Sig P232 that is pretty and I am doing my best to keep it that way. My P64 has blemishes, but I sort of like it that way. If I plan to do something real active I have my P64 with me. If it gets an extra scratch it just proves if the road is hard it can still do the job.