Newby with an incoming P64!

Info, pictures, advice...
boreal1

Newby with an incoming P64!

Post by boreal1 »

I am a newby here but I have been shooting for 16 years. My First pistol was a 9x18 Baikal Makarov so I am a long time fan of the cartridge. I no longer have that Baikal but I do have a East German 1960 Makarov and an incoming 1977 Vintage P64.

I look forward to posting here as my questions about the P64 arise. This looks like a cool place.

8-)
stover

Re: Newby with an incoming P64!

Post by stover »

Welcome aboard. This is my favorite forum hope you enjoy it, and your new pistol, as much as I do.
soram

Post by soram »

Welcome boreal1. This is my favorite forum also. You'll learn just about everything there is to know about the P64 here. If not, the knowledgeable and friendly members will show you where to find it or how to do it!
mrbunky

Post by mrbunky »

you will be amazed by how accurate it is.welcome to the board
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by blinddog »

Yes, welcome aboard, there are some really sharp people one the P-64 and other pistoles that don't mind sharing. Stay awhile and you will see. :hi:
buds

Post by buds »

You will enjoy shooting the P64. I've put over 300 rounds through mine, mostly Silver Bear, without so much as a hiccup. It's very accurate and dependable. I don't find it hurts my hand as some say. I enjoy shooting it and it's my primary CCW pistol. Enjoy!
insignificant

Post by insignificant »

I bought my 64 for the wife. After the first time we went out shooting :shock: - I deceided to keep it and give her the Taurus millenium pro that I paid twice as much for. She's happy and I am shocked how much I like the 64. I put another 100 rounds through it today and my hand is a little sore, but my shoulder soreness from firing 40 rounds through my winchester model94 30-30 is making me forget about the hand :wink: . Thanks to everyone on this sight for all the info. Steve
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by blinddog »

I love this site. I have learned more about firearms here than on any other site, and the people are great. I will give this place a +10 any day!