new to me

Info, pictures, advice...
dpo628

new to me

Post by dpo628 »

hey all..I am brand new to the world of the p-64. I just bought one from Cabala's the other day for $199 with a extra mag and the old school carry case. I just wanted a small pocket gun for snowmobiling/spare home gun/ possible little bit carry gun. I haven't even run a round threw it yet. anything I need to know or might really want to do. I have seen on here about the trigger pull..is that something that is a "must have" change?
mellisallen

new to me

Post by mellisallen »

i just got one at cabellas last week too. what year is yours?
dpo628

new to me

Post by dpo628 »

1977 i think
halljt3

new to me

Post by halljt3 »

Congrads dpo628! I personally don't mind the heavy d/a trigger pull, I think is just adds to the safety of the gun, plus I rarely shoot in d/a... Its really a personal thing take it to the range see if it is a issue with you, if so change it, if not your good to go!
mellisallen

new to me

Post by mellisallen »

mines a 77 too, i think thats all cabellas had was 77s cus i havent heard or seen otherwize
dburkott

new to me

Post by dburkott »

Condition?
I would guess that it has to be excellent to appeal to the Cabela's buyer. If so, that's great. I should go check out my local store..
kurremkarm

new to me

Post by kurremkarm »

The hammer spring was a "must have" for me as my trigger pull was so heavy I could hardly pull it. 19 pound hammer spring worked ok for me.
dpo628

new to me

Post by dpo628 »

took it outback and shot off a few rounds. seems like a nice little gun. had my old man run a couple threw it and he was like"holy cow! the double action is the worst I have ever seen!"..LOL! hes got a .44mag that a 2 year old could pull in D/A, and in single..a small brezze will set it off! thinking a spring change might happen. is it anything that can be bought localy?
kurremkarm

new to me

Post by kurremkarm »

dpo628

new to me

Post by dpo628 »

thanks...I havent read on here of many people putting in a 17...is it just WAY to soft?
nametrux

new to me

Post by nametrux »

Had to go te the big city today ( St. Louis) Stopped by Cabala's the Hazelwood store but no P64 s. They said they had one last week but it was sold. Thought I might see what they looked like. May be a couple of months before I get back there. Thinking of getting another...and a rubber grip to keep them from multiplying. LOL
rockcrawln71

new to me

Post by rockcrawln71 »

I did the 18# hammer spring and 22# recoil, works real nice!
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

new to me

Post by juniustaylor »

I put the 17# in mine. I can't comment on what my trigger pull is now since I don't have a way of measuring it, however, it is a VERY noticeable difference. I went shooting with it yesterday and did not have a single hickup. I shot Norinco non-corrosive ammo in it. I only shot 50 rounds, but not a one had a problem, all went off on the first trigger pull. I did not have a magazine release problem either, guess I just got lucky. I noticed that I shot it different - sometimes I'd hold it all on the grip, pinky and all. Other times, I'd have my pinky under that magazine base. Anyway, it just shot good, and I'm pleased with the 17# hammer spring. I put the 20# recoil spring in.
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
probyt

new to me

Post by probyt »

I did the 17 hammer spring and the 20 recoil. Shoots great, feels great.