Makarov VS P-64 My Observations

Info, pictures, advice...
jbailey

Post by jbailey »

I have a Mak, a P-63, a P-64, and since Saturday, a CZ-82! Gonna be really hard to decide a favorite! The CZ-82 is DA/SA. DA pull is very nice, wide smooth trigger. Safety is ambidex. and blocks the hammer from the pin (no hammer drop!) Mag release is where it belongs and is also ambidex. Put some 95g Mesko, some 95g handloads, and some 120g Silver Bear JHPs through it this afternoon. So far, it's more accurate than I am, but more practice needed? In very good condition, two 12 rd mags, lanyard, cleaning rod, and really funky holster, all for $250 + tax! No matter which turns out to be "favorite", it's a "keeper"!
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by abwehr »

You guys are like me, they are all my "favorites", LOL! I would sure like to find one of the CZ82 pistols in my area too, it is a nice looking pistol.
dolang1
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by dolang1 »

My first impression of the makarov was that I liked it. I had a nice group all high and left so I think this is adjustable since the sights are adjustable. I haven't figured that part out yet. I only put 50 rounds thru it but it went bang every time, Silver Bear 94 grain. I found the tigger pull to be very different than the P-64 because mine is modified. Maybe a little too light. I'm more accurate with the P-64 but I've logged a lot more range time with it than the Mak. All this propaganda about the CZ82 is working on me. I guess that will be my next marital problem. Later Don
tunnelrat

Post by tunnelrat »

As far as going to the range , The Mak is much more enjoyable to shoot. While I believe the P-64 is nearly as accurate, I find that I must really work at shooting it to the same level of accuracy that seems to come easily with the Mak.
Yup, I have to agree that my Bulgy Mak is more pleasant to shoot than my P-64's. I only have one Mak left.

My number five son wanted a firearm (he was recently married and is starting his own household). I gave him one of my Maks, figuring it would be easier for him to shoot than a P-64. I don't regret him having a Mak, but I surely do miss it already... :)
rjsixgun

Post by rjsixgun »

Im having trouble desideing on which gun to buy again!!! I have both the CZ-82 and the P-64, and I want more!!! I do think the CZ-82 is easy'r to find.
ruskiegunlover

Post by ruskiegunlover »

who sells a thumbreak paddle holster that will fit the p-64? I have looked, and can't find anything anywhere.....
b52stan

Post by b52stan »

Ruskie, you need to know that the P-64 has only been imported for about two years. For CCW holsters, I don't know of ANYBODY who hasn't found that ANY Walther PPK holster isn't a perfect fit.

It's really easy to search Walther PPK holsters on Ebay and get new ones much cheaper, or used ones for a few bucks. Style of your choice!

This pistol is almost a clone of the PPK, except for the more respectable 9x18 round. Any company that will sell you a P-64 holster, other than the original military and police holsters, will probably be sending you a PPK holster at inflated prices.

Hope this helps,
Stan