Latest batch from J&G

Info, pictures, advice...
jbabbler

Latest batch from J&G

Post by jbabbler »

I ordered another P64 today from J&G. I asked for one w/o a thumbrest so I hope that happens for me. Anyway, how have they been looking lately? I know they were in unissued condition a few months ago but am concerned they might be hitting the bottom of the barrel now. Anyone received one from them recently? Pics of one received in the last 30 days or so?

My 1st P64 was from Centerfire systems and was functionally perfect but appeared to have been holstered quite a bit. I'm hoping for a better one this go 'round. I ended up giving the last one to my Brothe-in-law after they had a break-in. It's amazing how fast someone goes from "I hate guns to... I need a gun".
Thanks.
Last edited by jbabbler on January 16th, 2010, 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John has a long mustache
cichlid

Latest batch from J&G

Post by cichlid »

I ordered two recently. One was quite nice and the other was fair. Overall, I was pleased, all though it would have been nice to get a new one LOL.
aksrule

Latest batch from J&G

Post by aksrule »

I was debating on buying my second P64 online but happened to go to a
gunshow in Matamoras PA today and guess what? ::)

I found a dealer who had 7 or 8 identical P64s.
All marked PW arms all late 70's triangle hammers. 8-)

Cost me $205 out the door.

Mine has a touch of slide wear but the bore and internals are PRISTINE. ;D
jbabbler

Latest batch from J&G

Post by jbabbler »

That's a keeper AKSrule. I have carried many guns and find the P64 to be my absolute favorite IWB carry gun.
John has a long mustache
zenithman2003

Latest batch from J&G

Post by zenithman2003 »

AKSrule: Was the sellers name Jim?
One more old gun and my wife says she is going leave me. Boy, I'm sure going to miss her.
aksrule

Latest batch from J&G

Post by aksrule »

It was Eagle Arms Sport Shop from Breinigsville PA.

http://www.eaglearms.com :)
zenithman2003

Latest batch from J&G

Post by zenithman2003 »

Thats a coincidence. Here is the guy I bought mine from it does not even look like it's been racked. mailto:ammowholesale@aol.com :)
One more old gun and my wife says she is going leave me. Boy, I'm sure going to miss her.
fritzhund

Latest batch from J&G

Post by fritzhund »

:)

Eagle Arms is a good bunch to deal with. I have been there several times. They also sponser some of the local gun shows around here. I normally try to make them all if time permits.

Nice looking gun. Enjoy!

Fritzhund
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
Hunter S. Thompson: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
tbone

Latest batch from J&G

Post by tbone »

Bought one from J&G right before Christmas (paid the handpick fee and asked for the best they had), what I received was OK externally, internals showed a lot of wear (see link below)

viewtopic.php?t=3074

Sent it back before new years. I'd say they are at the bottom of the barrel now.......
Last edited by tbone on January 17th, 2010, 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jbabbler

Latest batch from J&G

Post by jbabbler »

tbone wrote:Bought one from J&G right before Christmas (paid the handpick fee and asked for the best they had), what I received was OK externally, internals showed a lot of wear (see link below)

viewtopic.php?t=3074

Sent it back before new years. I'd say they are at the bottom of the barrel now.......
Tbone,
Thats the very reason I think that the $10 "handpick" fee is a joke. I have seen several reports where a person got a worn gun and paid the fee while people that didn't pay the fee got a real Gem. My guess is, they never look at any of them.
John has a long mustache
heavyduty77

Latest batch from J&G

Post by heavyduty77 »

I purchased my "second" P-64 through J&G. I too paid the $10 "hand select" fee. I had read posts regarding the sporadic quality of some of the pistols received from J&G. Figuring that they probably weren't making a huge markup on these pistols, I wanted to improve my chances of getting a nicer selection. Since I was going to need Wolff hammer and recoil springs, a Handall Junior grip, and 100 rounds of Silver Bear ammunition anyway, I ordered them all from J&G at the same time.

I tried to put myself in their place. How much time would I want to spend (especially if I happen to be really busy that day) with a probable one time customer who is buying on "price" for an item that I'm not going to make a lot on anyway? People tend to take special care of their regular customers or those that are purchasing more than "specials"; it's only human nature. I don't know if it actually made any difference but I did end up receiving an excellent pistol.

Just my opinion FWIW.
jbabbler

Latest batch from J&G

Post by jbabbler »

I just cancelled my order with J&G and bought one from this guy http://www.armslist.com/posts/18486/pen ... 18-pistols

I spoke with him on the phone and he gave me the details on his. They are all in "unissued" condition and come with a 2nd magazine.
John has a long mustache
tbone

Latest batch from J&G

Post by tbone »

In my opinion, paying the handpick fee does not really improve your chances of better quality when they are selling the last of their in-stock items, and they should admit that and refuse the fee.
Last edited by tbone on January 18th, 2010, 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.