Post by dburkott »

This guy has 11 P64's for sale...

http://www.armslist.com/posts/18486/pen ... 18-pistols

-Doug
zenithman2003

Get'em while they're hot..

Post by zenithman2003 »

So far the guy has not returned my e-mails. :(
One more old gun and my wife says she is going leave me. Boy, I'm sure going to miss her.
brock123

Post by brock123 »

He answered my e-mail right off asking if he had any left but I am waiting to see if J&G was able to run my visa gift card. They said they having problems with them. If they don't come through I am thinking about giving that guy a shot. Any one have any experience with armslist and/or that seller? By the way I don't have a p64 but I am trying to pick my first one up.
zenithman2003

Post by zenithman2003 »

The seller got back to me Yesturday and I ordered one from him. I have no prior experiance with him and there is realy no way to check up on his reputation. This site does not get involved in any way with the transaction. There is no feedback either so actually anyone could write up an ad and be perpertrating a scam. The only thing you can do is check the scam section on the site to see if the e-mail of the seller matches up. I'm hoping that this is ligit, I'll let you know. :-/

PS the last P-64 I ordered from J&G had a lot of holster wear and Looked like it was shot alot from the wear on the internal parts. It did however shoot like a champ but after paying the 10 dollar hand select fee I expected better, especially after hearing about how many of these came through in like new condition from others who have ordered there.
Last edited by zenithman2003 on January 11th, 2010, 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One more old gun and my wife says she is going leave me. Boy, I'm sure going to miss her.
zombiehunter

Post by zombiehunter »

just left a message for this guy. i want one.
brock123

Post by brock123 »

J&G shipped mine I didn't even see the hand pick option. Hopefully I get lucky.

Edit:

Maybe if it looks like poo but I still like how it shoots I will just pick up a second one ;-)
Last edited by brock123 on January 11th, 2010, 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zenithman2003

Post by zenithman2003 »

Well mine came in today to my FFL. It is beautiful. Looks new inside and out, All numbers match including the mag. It even comes with an extra mag. See pics. The guy's name is Jim, everything OK.

menelaus

Post by menelaus »

Just bought one of these from Jim today at a PA gunshow. Perfect gun and a great deal. Was gonna order from j & g but wanted to see it first. He has a bunch left and they are all beautiful.
zenithman2003

Post by zenithman2003 »

Here is Jim's e-mail address. It does not even look like it's been racked. mailto:ammowholesale@aol.com :)
brock123

Post by brock123 »

I am going to pick one up. Just sent him an e-mail.
jbabbler

Post by jbabbler »

I just spoke with him on the phone and placed my order as well. Thanks for the link. He was very easy to deal with.
John has a long mustache
dburkott

Post by dburkott »

Hi guys...

I have to admit, since this was going to be my first P64 purchase, I wanted someone else to be the guinea pig with this dealer (sorry). Thanks for the feedback. Jim (dealer) is VERY easy to work with, prompt shipping. I ordered one last week and it came in yesterday. She is beautiful. As reported previously, this gun is in 'unissued' condition. The barrel is sparkling and the lands are very sharp. I don't think the slide was ever racked...
It was $179 w/extra mag. $<s>25</s> 12 USPS shipping and my FFL dealer only charged me $10 for the transfer.

So I'm into this thing $<s>214</s> 201, and have marschal grips and a usgunleather holster on order. I already have the replacement springs. I'd like to shoot this gun stock before replacing the springs though.

Cheers!
Last edited by dburkott on January 28th, 2010, 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
jbabbler

Post by jbabbler »

Mine came in on Saturday and I couldn't be happier. The gun is in New/never issued condition. She cleaned up nicely and I installed the 18lb spring right off the bat. I am extremely pleased with this purchase. Thanks for the heads up!
John has a long mustache
brock123

Post by brock123 »

Thought I already replied after getting them but guess not. I got one for me and one for my dad and both where excellent condition. The one I got from J&G was fair at best thought.
pmeguy

Post by pmeguy »

I'm brand new here but have been considering a P64 for a while. I emailed "Jim" with the email posted above. I was going to purchase from J&G but I spoke to them twice on the phone today and they admitted that all their P64s would show wear and usage. After reading this thread, I thought I might as well give Jim a try. Here's hoping he still has one good one left!

Cheers!