Springs Used???

Info, pictures, advice...
mattrosswalker

Springs Used???

Post by mattrosswalker »

Just wondering what experience anyone has had using the spring kits from wolff? I'm planning on installing them in my P64 but am unsure as to what combination of recoil and hammer springs I should use.

What combinations of springs are you using and what are the results??? Thanks!
kurremkarm

Springs Used???

Post by kurremkarm »

I used the 19 pound hammer and the 20 pound recoil. DA and recoil are still both stouter than i would want and if i had it to do over i would have got 18 pound hammer and 22 pound recoil. It is however useable the way i have mine.
electro6

Springs Used???

Post by electro6 »

I used a 17 pound hammer spring and a 20 pound recoil spring and the DA trigger pull is greatly reduced from original. The 20 pound recoil spring did soften up the recoil and the gun still cycles well. The only issue I had with the recoil spring is that the slide is a little harder to get off of the frame. The spring could probably be filed down at one end to shorten it to make the slide easier to remove. Also if you replace the firing pin spring with the one that comes with the recoil spring from wolff, be careful that you don't loose the safety plunger when compressing its spring to reinstall the safety. :)
mattrosswalker

Springs Used???

Post by mattrosswalker »

What is the advantage of replacing the firing pin spring? I didn't know the recoil spring came with a pin spring as well...does this have to be done? What is the difference of the two?
electro6

Springs Used???

Post by electro6 »

The firing pin spring that is included with the recoil spring from Wolff is refered to as an extra power firing pin spring. I would think the reason it is included is if the original firing pin were weak or to overcome the increased return velocity of the slide by the increased power recoil spring. The only advantage to installing the extra power firing pin spring would be if you were experiencing slam fire conditions from a firing pin spring not keeping the firing pin's momentum from striking the primer when the slide stops while chambering a fresh cartridge. I mentioned the firing pin spring because while installing the firing pin spring you have to compress the safety plunger into a hole on top of its spring and not allow it to eject out while sliding the safety into place. Merely a precaution after searching for a bb size part. :)