Wow people really jack up the prices...

Post by hairypolack »

http://secure.adpay.com/clicknbuy.aspx? ... 5d88696eb7

:o

my god, really? Oh, and look at the convenient placed "makarov."
donnerwetter58

Post by donnerwetter58 »

On the rare occasion I wander through a pawn shop, I always find their gun prices laughable. Never have I found anything worth buying.
Sgt P

Post by Sgt P »

Yeah it is like buying cars, if they are the nice ones then they get sold off fast. If they are weapons the dealers themselves snag them up or sell them to buddies at gun shops. ;)
rebelriser

Post by rebelriser »

I went to a pawn shop 3 days ago and also a regular gun shop. They must be smoking crack. I'll stick to buying surplus guns.
bitrclngr

Post by bitrclngr »

Went to a gunshow today and one guy had two for $275 ::) a piece.

I hope they are the same ones that he had at the show in Nov and he eventully gets the idea.
Last edited by bitrclngr on January 2nd, 2010, 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tankdriver

Post by tankdriver »

All guns up.....

Dist. get them sells them at a good price, runs out then prices climb.

I purchased a MP40 parts kit several years ago for 225.00. Last time I saw one sell it went for almost 2,500.

Also few years back, not too many about 10, I had a chance to purchase a nice Thompson submachine gun, for 8,000. Look at a few last couple weeks , 28 grand.

You never pay too much for a gun, you just get it too soon...... :D
Last edited by tankdriver on January 3rd, 2010, 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
rottenrick

Post by rottenrick »

I've found some good buys a couple of pawn shops. We as Americans have lost the ability to' Haggle' over the price of things. I've bought several pieces, after clearly stating the price was too high. Walked away, then came back after a couple of days with a much lower price. Sometimes I've won,sometimes I didn't, but didn't buy either. Another tactic that works is to have cash in crisp 10 dollar bills flip it, and play with it, as as you're talking, make noise with it. Act as if you're doing it without thinking. Pretty soon the attention is on the money, not what you're saying. Just don't do it with a bunch of low life's around.
ogdengunner

Post by ogdengunner »

The problem with used guns taken in trade by a gun shop or pawned, is we don't know what the loan/trade/pawn amount was. Example: Went into my local gun shop that normally has new product considerably below MSRP. Saw three CZ-82s in case for $349.95 each. Told the guy that they were available from J&G at the time for $169.95. I told him I would allow shipping costs and his transfer fee plus a small profit and offered $250.00.
His response was something to the effect that the trade-in allowance was higher than that and his boss would never go that low. It seemed that one of the newer employees allowed too much on the trade in. The price was to cover the trade-in, any work they may have done to get them in sellable condition and a small profit. He suggested I go ahead and order from J&G and have it shipped.
I should have, but didn't. BTW, those were still in his case last month. My point is, most of these guys won't or can't deal on a trade-in.
rottenrick

Post by rottenrick »

Guess it depends on where you are and timing. I always look after hunting season is over. Small towns seem to have a little more sense where I'm at. I was in a pawn shop in Norms stomping grounds in Lakeland FL. at the corner of McDonald and 98 (was down for my daughter's graduation from Florida Southern Colledge on 19th of December) stayed until 26 th . I witnessed several 'Urbanista's' looking a guns, looking at the 'Shiny one's', with no clue as to what they were looking at. Mainly cheap over priced stuff. Could have sold these clowns anything, heard one say he was going to have someone come back and 'Buy one for him' guess he couldn't pass the back ground check.
These are the guys that pawn shops make money off of.
jbabbler

Post by jbabbler »

I would like to add that sometimes the Pawn/Gun shop guys just don't know how to price an item. I went to my local Pawn/Gun Shop this morning and spotted a new FEG PA-64 for $250. I looked at it for a while as the sales guy and i talked. I told him politely that the gun was nice and that I would buy it if he would bring his price down to what I would have to pay for one from CDNN + shipping and FFL fee. We ran some numbers and I ended up getting it for $175 out the door which was more than fair to me since I could actually hold the gun in my hand and examine it before walking out with it.

After all was said and done they said that they consult Gunbroker and look at what they are "going for" to determine their prices. The only real problem with that is that they are looking at listings and not completed sales on GB. Once I showed him the CDNN flyer he agreed to deal. Now to get me a P6 :)
John has a long mustache
eagle71

Post by eagle71 »

Personally, I love pawn shops. That said, I thought Billy Bob Thornton’s role as “Bad Santa” was worth an Oscar.

IMHO, the gun counters in pawn shops are a great way to get your tongue sunburnt in between gun shows. Yeah, the prices are high, but if, (emphasis on “if”) you’re patient, you may just find something worth haggling for. See my post under “Photo Gallery” and scroll down to the thread titled “Colt Model 1911 ‘WW1…”, and the subsequent comments, and you’ll see what I mean.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency
beltfedleadhead

Post by beltfedleadhead »

Saw one at a show here in PA.

$350.

I asked the dealer if there was any room on the price. He said "no" and turned his back to me.

I'm guessing a lot of people were asking him that question. ::)