MY FIRST P64

Info, pictures, advice...
paddywonka

MY FIRST P64

Post by paddywonka »

New to this forum,but a great source of info to someone new to these pistols.Even though I own a P35 Radom and 4 crested Polish Mausers,I never bought one of these neat pistols.Really did not know anything about them,thought they were a commercial handgun. The prices have been steady climbing at gun shows,and did not even see one at the last 4 shows I went to.Got the bug for Makarovs and recently have bought a Russian IJ70,a Bulgarian and a Russian Pm. Have bought up a good supply of 9X18 ammo,to feed them with. So there was no excuse , when I saw an add at Cabellas for Polish P64 for $169 with holster,2 mags,cleaning rod and holster,went down yesterday morning at 8AM,and bought one.Even had a coupon for $10 off any purchase over $100. The place was dead and the clerk was kind enough to let me look through 5 boxes and pick the best.(Don't hurt to ask). This 1969 was like new and appears unfired. Feed ramp ,barrel,slide interior,still have all the blue and the exterior appears new. Anyway here are some pics for your veiwing I took this morning after cleaning out the cosmoline. Own S&W ,Colt,Walther and others,and for the $ this is one great little pistol!
Sgt P

MY FIRST P64

Post by Sgt P »

Paddywonka,
Welcome to the P-64 forum. That was super that Cabellas had the P-64s for sale. I went thru I.O. Inc up in Monroe, NC thru a local dealer here in town. He sold the dozen that he bought in a week. I do like the P-64 as it is accurate and easy to carry.

Still trying to see if my friend in the Polish Army can send firing pins and springs so I can have a spare and hopefully get a few extras for friends here on the forum. But most likely it will be an import issue. I was hoping the companies that brought in the P-64s would also bring in parts to keep them firing. Like Century Arms did with the CZ-52 armourers kits. Contacted CIA and they advised that at this time they will not import P-64 parts.

Excellent photos of your new pistol. You got a nice one that looks like it sat there in the rack of a Polish Armory. Looks unused and mint with no carry wear. $169 is a great price. Let us know how it shoots. Sgt P.
paddywonka

MY FIRST P64

Post by paddywonka »

Thanks,SGT P. Are firing pins an issue with these pistols,like the CZ-52? Have been dry firing this one too get used to the trigger. The Single action trigger is almost target pistol quality,sharp and crisp let off ,with some travel before breaking. The double action is truely the heavist pull,I have ever experianced! Must be 20Lbs!Thought the pull on Nagant was heavy ,but this one has got it beat.My 18 year old son can barely pull the trigger.Was there a reason for this?
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

MY FIRST P64

Post by gunneyrabbit »

paddywonka,
Welcome to the forum, your going to love it here, nothing but straight dope from the moderator's, you can put that in the bank. Will be watching for your posts, people here love photographs, keep them coming.
Always good to here from new members.
G.R.

PS,
If Cabellas is selling them you can expect to see the prices to go up every year, buy now.
G.R.
Last edited by gunneyrabbit on December 19th, 2009, 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paddywonka

MY FIRST P64

Post by paddywonka »

Just ordered Wolfe 19 lbs. hammer and 20 lbs. recoil springs.From what I have read this is the wayto go.
kurremkarm

MY FIRST P64

Post by kurremkarm »

Nice gun and welcome!
richymak

MY FIRST P64

Post by richymak »

Thats a real clean one.It doesn't have the blue wear at the end of the slide like all three of mine do.
I think fireing pins are ok to dry fire.I think pearced primers are what will break them.
Get the wolf springs to fix trigger and recoil.
Norm has the trigger and ejector springs.
Zee or Marchel has grips.
Sgt P . Get your buddy to send some safety levers.Send them as Machined parts ;)

Rich
dom

MY FIRST P64

Post by dom »

Paddy- Welcome to the forum.
Beautiful pistol for a great price. The 20lb. recoil and 19lb hammer was what i went with also. Toned down the recoil and DA trigger quite a bit.

BTW- I replied to your thread on that other forum also. Yeah, i'm the Z man.

Glad you joined up here, just a ton of great info.
fivepointstar

MY FIRST P64

Post by fivepointstar »

WELCOME

GREAT Pics!!!! You have a good eye!

how about pics of your PM...
paddywonka

MY FIRST P64

Post by paddywonka »

Thanks,just paid for the PM Monday, and waitng for seller to ship to me. Will post photos when it arrives.
Sgt P

MY FIRST P64

Post by Sgt P »

Richymak,
Just sent you a PM. Thanks on the info, used to do that with a friend in Germany until another buddy got zapped by the customs people. Sgt P.
kurremkarm

MY FIRST P64

Post by kurremkarm »

Check out this guy selling mags on gunbroker he is in poland-- might try talking to him.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =150251568
Sgt P

MY FIRST P64

Post by Sgt P »

Kurremkarm,
Thanks for the info. I was scoping out his magazines on gun broker. $20 each. Have to ask him shipping costs here to the US.

No my buddy had his friend in Germany write machine parts on the customs form and when they x-rayed it and saw gun parts he had to hire a lawyer as he did not have an importation license, plus he did not utilize the forms to bring in said parts. It cost him more that it was worth. Great that it was not a receiver or frame!

Hell I knew fellow troops stationed in Germany who used to bring small Walther parts/magazines back here. That was then, this is now. Lots has changed over the years! Sgt P.
fritzhund

MY FIRST P64

Post by fritzhund »

8-)

paddywonka

Welcome! Very nice post and great photos!

Fritzhund
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
Hunter S. Thompson: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
paddywonka

MY FIRST P64

Post by paddywonka »

Thanks, Fritzhund. Showed it to a buddy of mine this morning,and he went to Cabela's with his $10 coupon he got in the mail,to buy one for himself! These little gems sell them selves. He ,like me did not buy any of the East German Makarovs that were selling for $99,when they first started importing them. Sure these will go up in value as supplies run out.Just ordered 10 boxes of Silver Bear 9X18 ammo,for $9.95,from Aim Surplus. Have got to getout and shoot this pistol.