What Made You Buy?

Info, pictures, advice...
coaster

What Made You Buy?

Post by coaster »

I like the 9x18 round, I have had a EG Mak for years. I tried to get a Hungarian R61 when they were available but I missed out. The P64 very simular to the R61, would still like to find a Hungarian.
mikethewreck

What Made You Buy?

Post by mikethewreck »

Hi! New guy, first post.

I am picking up one next week. I really want one because of my Polish ancestry (still have family near Krakow) and previous good experience with Maks. Can use it as a "trunk gun" in my new job (if it gets stolen won't cry as hard as if it was one of my Glocks).
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

What Made You Buy?

Post by dfunk »

Welcome, mikethewreck! The P-64 is a superb choice for a BUG when necessary. However, I think you'll change your mind about how attached to it you are after you shoot it and feel how great it is to carry. I shoot this one better than the Glock 19 - and certainly trust it more. You'll see... ;D

Oh yeah, your P-64 isn't comparable to your Maks at all (I'm sure you know this by know). They aren't the same gun, but they do share the trait of reliability and accuracy. Your 64 is better suited for CCW than a Mak.
Last edited by dfunk on December 3rd, 2005, 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikethewreck

What Made You Buy?

Post by mikethewreck »

I just can't wait to get mine. I have read through about every post and have ordered the slide over grip, the Wolff springs, and am trying to get a hold of an extra mag or two.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

What Made You Buy?

Post by dfunk »

P-64's from SOG come with 3 mags (at least mine did).
mikethewreck

What Made You Buy?

Post by mikethewreck »

I'll find out next week which dealer my gun store dealt with.
nscale

What Made You Buy?

Post by nscale »

I was at a gunshow and was looking to find a small framed 9mm. I am going to get my CHL here in Texas soon. The last handgun I owned was a Llama 9mm that I really liked but havent had a weapon for about 10 years. As I was looking around a guy saw me looking at an old beat up p-64 a dealer had and told me he had one he was trying to sell. After a little negotiation, I bought it. It was a gamble as I had never even heard of this pistol. After having the chance to take it to the range, I am very impressed and consider myself very lucky I stumblede across one of the sweetest shooting pistols I have ever shot.
xelloss

What Made You Buy?

Post by xelloss »

I was always fascinated by ComBloc weapons and ammo, and like the 9x18mm Makarov alot... Bought an IJ-70 when they first started importing them, and loved it... I had always read about the better machining and quality of the P-64s (mind you, this was also back in the mid-80s) vs. the Russian Maks, and so always wanted one... When I got the chance I snagged two... ;) ;) ;) Of course, it also goes well with my Polish TT Tokarev and Polish AKMS build-rifle... ;D ;D ;D
valkyrie0002

What Made You Buy?

Post by valkyrie0002 »

I wanted a small carry piece and after reading all the great feedback on the P64 I decided it would do the job. I bought from SOG for the extra mag. Where else can you get a like new, high quality, compact auto loader for $130.00
preacher

What Made You Buy?

Post by preacher »

The reason I bought one, simple. I liked the way it felt in the hand. Easily concealable, good accuracy, unheard of dependabilty. It is my CCW weapon, so you can bet I trust it.
preacher

What Made You Buy?

Post by preacher »

10 shot group at 25 yards free-handed, right out of the box with no adjustments to the sights. I decided they were close enough as is. The lower hole in the bullseye is two side by side. Almost looks like one hole.

dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

What Made You Buy?

Post by dfunk »

I'm only counting 9 ;D
Great shooting! Hard to miss with this little tackdriver...
preacher

What Made You Buy?

Post by preacher »

The lower hole in the bullseye counts for 2. Look very close.;)
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

What Made You Buy?

Post by dfunk »

Fair enough! I was just giving you crap. Seriously though, good shooting.
preacher

What Made You Buy?

Post by preacher »

I figured so. I've been known to stir things once in a while myself. ;)