My P64's Range Report

Info, pictures, advice...
fivepointstar

My P64's Range Report

Post by fivepointstar »

Great day to go to the range. Mids 60's and t-shirt weather. Anyway here's a range report for my Pole P-64. I've had it for a month and its my first chance to get to the range. I shot from a distance of 10 yds and 12 yds (36') and I found this gun to be very accurate. I think this may be more accurate than my Glocks....not bad for a small former Polish military pistol.

In the first pic, all but one round was fired in SA. The DA is marked and all the remaining shots today were in SA only. There is an extremely heavy DA pull as you can see by the first target. THe P-64 offers are very tight group for something so small. I used Silver Bear 94 gr. JHP and there was not a single issue. The 9x18 Mak is a small round that packs a great little punch. But with a small steel constructed pistol, I found the pistol to be very snappy and gives a good pinch to the hand. If you have bigger hands, be careful that the slide doesn't take a bite from your hand, fortunately taht wasn't an issue but it was for a buddy of mine who emptied a mag (ouch:mad54:).

Overall.....an excellent pistol for $149.95, ammo is affordable ($7/50 rds Russian ammo) and perfect for CCW.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

My P64's Range Report

Post by papabear »

fivepointstar,

Good range report, not mentioned but I'm sure you observed the distance the case's were flung from the ejection port. The heavy trigger will lighten up some with more rounds down the tube, some have replaced the springs to lighten the DA pull, I don't have a problem with the DA pull, I actually like it and use it as a safety instead of the actual safety, I carry 6+1 with safety off. Safe shooting and enjoy your new to you P-64
POINT SHOOTER
oppy

My P64's Range Report

Post by oppy »

Nice shooting. When I first bought my P64, I was so excited that I went to the range and shot 200 rounds. I paid the price with a swollen hand. I performed obligatory spring mods which lightened the DA pull and recoil just slightly.

The P64 is still my favorite. No better deal out there and a perfect CCW size if you are so inclined.

Enjoy!
The Trouble with trouble is that it always starts out as fun.