P64 vs modern CCW

Info, pictures, advice...
spyguy

P64 vs modern CCW

Post by spyguy »

The most appealing thing I find in the P64, and that is completely lacking in the P3at/LCP, is the ability to carry "Decocked and Locked".

I own a P3AT and love it for it's ability to conceal where no others dare...but I won't personally be trusting that thing in my pants with one in the tube. I carry my P3AT with a clip-draw that works acceptionally well but there is too much risk of accidental discharge.

I was fortunate enough to pick up an IWB holster from Ishi at Red Storm a few years ago. I have complete faith in my P64 to carry safely with one in the tube....and with a little practice and a couple new springs can accuratly fire the first round from a hammer-down possition from off-safe, then continue to fire additional rounds with no significant variation in accuracy. The holster works great at retaining the gun and is easy and fast to draw from.

So in comparison I can defend myself much faster with the P64 than the smaller P3AT as well as have much better accuracy and one extra round of more potent ammo.

I'd buy another P64 just to keep as a back-up......I like them that much!