Another J&G P-64

Info, pictures, advice...
nvbeav

Another J&G P-64

Post by nvbeav »

Since I'm kind of new here, I thought I'd post a few of my P-64 and the IWB holster. I used to carry the CZ-82 (another great pistol), but the P-64 is a lot easier to conceal.

I'll probably pick up another "one" in the next few months -- this is where I usually insert the "It's for my wife" comment, but it's really inexpensive and handy to have 2 or 4 of the same for redundancy (and also have an extra for my wife :^)

It's not actually pushed all the way into the holster in this pic:

I don't really have a holster preference, but this one seems to work -- and I didn't have to buy but two to get here

To me, they're beautifully crafted
elgoatropo

Another J&G P-64

Post by elgoatropo »

Nice pics. Thanks for the show.
probyt

Another J&G P-64

Post by probyt »

If that is the typical condition of a j&g gun, I'm ordering today. Sweet looking piece, Congrats.
jeepman3366

Another J&G P-64

Post by jeepman3366 »

Very Nice Congrats
Never argue with an idiot, they pull you down their level and beat you with experence.
kosavatte

Another J&G P-64

Post by kosavatte »

This was a $10 handpick right? I ordered one the other day can't wait to see what I get!
nvbeav

Another J&G P-64

Post by nvbeav »

kosavatte wrote:This was a $10 handpick right? I ordered one the other day can't wait to see what I get!
I got it about 3 months ago, so the pickings may have changed since then. They're solid steel so I don't see how they could get very damaged :^)

Be sure to post a picture of yours when it arrives because I was thinking about getting another!
oppy

Another J&G P-64

Post by oppy »

I switched from the CZ82 a while ago as well (and sold it). Other than the obligatory spring job, I did put on the Handall Jr to lesson the shock to my delicate girlie hand. Covering up the nice Zee grip is a bummer but it does add comfort.
The Trouble with trouble is that it always starts out as fun.
rjsixgun

Another J&G P-64

Post by rjsixgun »

Can the clip come off of that holster? and how does your belt go threw it??
Sgt P

Another J&G P-64

Post by Sgt P »

rjsixgun,
I have a similar holster like the sleeping dog JBP belt slide . Yes the metal clip can be taken off. Your belt slides thru the 1st slot and comes out the 2nd slot. Mine I used for my old Walther PPK before I sold it.

Never used the clip, took it off. Can be used for right or left hand. Sgt P.
Last edited by Sgt P on November 15th, 2009, 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nvbeav

Another J&G P-64

Post by nvbeav »

I use the JBP holster inside the waist -- the metal clip keeps it in place either on the pants or on the belt and pants together (inside the pants near the appendix, if I were right-handed).

There are belt inserts on both sides (as you can see by the pictures), so it can be used for both inside or outside the waist belt; plus it's completely ambidextrious. Yes, you can take off the clip, but I wouldn't say it's a perfect outside holster.

For me, it just works. It wasn't very expensive. Everyone has their own preferences!