Got my j&g p-64 last night finally.....

Info, pictures, advice...
ruskiegunlover

Post by ruskiegunlover »

I think I lucked out. Gun is a 1973 one, triangle hammer, but the finnish is new to me. The frame is black-blued, excellent while the slide is plum colored, like the hammer and safety on a bulgy mak. It looks wierd to me, as it does not match. But the gun is tight....Before I cleaned it, I racked the slide a couple of times when first inspecting it at home and twice the gun would cock the hammer, and then the first trigger pull would not release the hammer. I'd have to release the trigger, then pull it a second time to drop the hammer. After cleaning, I must have done this about 60 times trying to recreate it. Not happened again.....It had a small amount of cosmo inside of it, and was a bit dirty....Gun was not unissued, but seemed to be close to it. I will carry it with h/p's, and look forward to shooting it soon.....The baseplate of the spare mag also moved forward about 1/8th of an inch, but does not come off. It functions, so I guess its ok...

Overall, very happy. I also picked up a BEAUTIFUL, PRESTINE yugo underfolder. No issues whatsoever. Trying to find a cleaning rod for it, and going to sell/trade my Apex wooden handguards I bought in case I got one with black synthetic......
paulski

Post by paulski »

Cool, my new one is a 1973.
You will be amazed with the accuracy for such a small pistol.
I was.
hairypolack

Post by hairypolack »

im glad j&g is still selling decent p-64s