any parts available?

Info, pictures, advice...
grayparatrooper

any parts available?

Post by grayparatrooper »

A guy wants to rade me a p64 (with probs) for a beater mn or some such. He said teh gun has a burr on the rim of the boltface. The slide stop has a little more damage, but still works. He said he got a got a hotter round than usual, that locked the slide back hard. The slide catch got torqued out into the boltface making a burr.

Are there any parts like a new slide stop availble or does soemone have an extra? The burr i think can be fixed with a dremel it doesnt look to bad. Is it worth trading for in the hope i can fix it or should i just look for something nicer?
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

any parts available?

Post by normsutton »

grayparatrooper wrote:A guy wants to rade me a p64 (with probs) for a beater mn or some such. He said teh gun has a burr on the rim of the boltface. The slide stop has a little more damage, but still works. He said he got a got a hotter round than usual, that locked the slide back hard. The slide catch got torqued out into the boltface making a burr.

Are there any parts like a new slide stop availble or does soemone have an extra? The burr i think can be fixed with a dremel it doesnt look to bad. Is it worth trading for in the hope i can fix it or should i just look for something nicer?
there are no parts for these guns

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
grayparatrooper

any parts available?

well that sucks. I'm gonna see about trading him some ammo or something for it see if i can make it work.
vermonter

any parts available?

Post by vermonter »

Perhaps someone should make a contact in Poland to buy some of the non-controlled surplus parts like Makarov.com did a few years back. I am sure there are armorer kits and boxes of extractors somewhere in Poland available for sale!
Sgt P

any parts available?

Post by Sgt P »

Greetings Vermonter,
Just sent you a PM. I have been trying to get a Polish military friend to send over a few small parts like firing pins and springs, but waiting. I also talked with a Century Arms person that handles parts to see if they would import parts for the P-64. This is my 2nd try as I used to deal with them when I had my FFL up in Vt. Sgt P.
paulski

any parts available?

Post by paulski »

If you have a beater & you want a P-64 out of national pride like me, Pick it up. ;)

I wish I could find a cheap parts gun for mine... (just in case)

It would make me feel better if I knew I had one.
grayparatrooper

any parts available?

ya think i might get it. I dont mind a project and if nothing else it can be a parts gun for when i get one with no probs.