Finally shot the p64, first time, observations....

Info, pictures, advice...
ruskiegunlover

Post by ruskiegunlover »

the DA isn't bad to me. I expected the worst, until I got it. Whats the complaint? Mine is brand new looking, no wear anywhere on it, not even holster wear on the front of the slide......I mean, its not great, but not as bad as some made it out to be. I would imagine that for some people a few changes in how they grip the gun would solve the issue. But, in the 100 rounds I fired, none malfunctioned, or had any issues at all. I was very pleased. I plan on dry firing it a little to try and smooth it out. The only thing close to a complaint I have, was that the trigger break was hard to learn. I mean, in DA, I would pull it back unbelieveably far to get a hammer fall. Its normal, and how it was designed, but to me, the trigger travels a considerable distance before the hammer falls. I am ok with this, its just hard to get used to. That, and in SA I had a hard time learning the gun. It was hard to get a feel for when the gun would go off. Once, in fact, while following through after a shot, I accidently pulled it just barely, unintentionally, casuing it to go off again. Just a hair trigger SA....
BUT, an absolutely beautiful gun, no issues, and no real complaints. It will make a fine CCH weapon......
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

ruskiegunlover,

+1 on your comments, and congrats on your first P-64. I think the more you shoot it the better the trigger will become. Not sure what grips you have on your's, the flat or thumbrest, a lot of us have the Zee grips on ours [flat grips] and you can get them in several different colors and patterns. Zee is a member here and lists his email addy on his profile if you are interested. Hope to see you here often. Lots of good folks here and lots of good info and suggestions.

Take Care,

Papabear
POINT SHOOTER
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by bzinggg »

Hey papabear,

bZinggg here wondering if the Zee grips are softer than the origional flat grips, and if he makes them in plain black.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

bzinggg,

They seem softer, but I do know that there is less felt recoil, and Zee does make them in black, I have a black set from him. I will post a pic of my black set tonight when I get home tonight. He had a thread some where asking for a loaner set of the original flat set [not the thumbrest type that are not original]. His mold for his grips is worn out and needed a set to make another mold, someone, I forget who, has already agreed to loan him their set, so he should be up and running soon.

Take Care,

Papabear
POINT SHOOTER
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

bzinggg,

Hope this will show you what Zee's black set of grips looks like, if you need more pics just let me know.

Regards,

Papabear

POINT SHOOTER
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by bzinggg »

Thanks very much.
b52stan

Post by b52stan »

Zinger,
Zee can vary the luster, and as you've probably seen, can do camo, two-tone swirls, and pretty much whatever you want. Any color you want. Ivory was pretty popular at the beginning. Price is very reasonable.
He does use the original flat grips to make his molds, and does a great job with the material he uses. FWIW.
Stan
Last edited by b52stan on August 22nd, 2006, 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
tunnelrat

Post by tunnelrat »

someone, I forget who, has already agreed to loan him their set, so he should be up and running soon.
Yeah, that was me. But I am an idiot and sent him the wrong package!

I had to go out and buy a bubble-wrap envelope, so I only just got the grips in the mail today. I sent him two pairs, just to make sure he had a good left and a good right grip.

It shouldn't be long now before he's up and running again.
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by bzinggg »

Zinger,
Zee can vary the luster, and as you've probably seen, can do camo, two-tone swirls, and pretty much whatever you want. Any color you want. Ivory was pretty popular at the beginning. Price is very reasonable.
He does use the original flat grips to make his molds, and does a great job with the material he uses. FWIW.
Stan
From that fine image above, they look like they really fit well.