Which 9X18 ammo??

Info, pictures, advice...
thunder1951

Which 9X18 ammo??

Post by thunder1951 »

I managed to get some range time in last Saturday, firing the P-64 for the first time was kinda what I expected with stock springs, brisk, I'm amazed at the accuracy this pistol has. I used the Barnaul ammo, I put 5 magazines thru it and like jbabbler states upon tear down there was very little residue left behind. I have used the blazer brass ammo in my two 9mm and it tends to be messy. I would like to get hogue grips for this P-64 but have not seen them offered. I have them on my ruger and bertta and they make a big difference to me.
rottenrick

Which 9X18 ammo??

Post by rottenrick »

thunder1951, Hogue slip-on Jr. works just fine. Before I got my grips from Dennis that's what I had. Very comfortable, cheap and effective. I have them on my FIE Hi-Pwr clone, works good there too. I haven't found but one place with Barnaul. But, use Silverbear and Fiocchi. I'm hoarding four boxes of Hornady. But, my best move was purchasing from Georgia Arms using Speer 'Gold dots'. So I've slacked off just out and out purchasing what I could get my hands on. I'd really like to re-load, but I'm keeping two households because of employment, one of which is an R.V.. Space is definitely the final frontier here. Was thinking about getting a Lee hand loader, and dies for confined space loading. Slow as all get out, but would pass the time. My grandfather reloaded that way for 30-30 and 30-06, but kept kids at a distance, with good reason. So didn't learn much about it. Anyway, welcome home.