CHESTNUT RIDGE SUPPLY?

Info, pictures, advice...
heavyduty77

CHESTNUT RIDGE SUPPLY?

Post by heavyduty77 »

I stumbled across this website. They are advertising P-64's at very reasonable prices. Anyone ever dealt with them?

http://www.chestnutridge.com/

DESCRIPTION OF ADS

Polish Radom Military sidearm. 9 x 18 caliber. 3 1/4 inch chrome lined barrel. Exposed hammer double / single action. Loaded chamber indicator. Slide mounted decocker / safety. 6 + 1 capacity.

These guns are in very good + condition, with strong bluing, and good bores. Each has been test fired and comes with one magazine.

$129.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Polish P-64 Pistol, 9 x 18 Makarov, Exc+

Polish Military sidearm. 9 x 18 caliber. 3 1/4 inch chrome lined barrel. Exposed hammer double / single action. Loaded chamber indicator. Slide mounted decocker / safety. 6 + 1 capacity.

Hand Selected for pleasant looks, fit and finish. Each gun is function tested, and comes with 2 magazines.

$149.00
hangfire

CHESTNUT RIDGE SUPPLY?

Post by hangfire »

I am not familiar with this company. Their prices definitely look good. However some of the P-64's in the photos on their website (esp. 2nd and 3rd ones from the top) look rough - maybe just bad photography?
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

CHESTNUT RIDGE SUPPLY?

Post by dfunk »

That almost looks like tape to me. ???
hairypolack

CHESTNUT RIDGE SUPPLY?

Post by hairypolack »

what looked like tape?
martilyo
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

CHESTNUT RIDGE SUPPLY?

Post by martilyo »

They have auctions on Gunbroker too. I would buy one of the cheap ones for parts.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

CHESTNUT RIDGE SUPPLY?

Post by dfunk »

The weird fleck of stuff on the slide in their photo

tankdriver

CHESTNUT RIDGE SUPPLY?

Post by tankdriver »

I have purchased M1 carbine parts from them for years. Good to go........ :)
hairypolack

CHESTNUT RIDGE SUPPLY?

Post by hairypolack »

dickfunk wrote:The weird fleck of stuff on the slide in their photo

I see what you mean now. On top of that, some of those look kind of rough. I'm used to the J&G quality that i have seen on here.
rottenrick

CHESTNUT RIDGE SUPPLY?

Post by rottenrick »

Did they have numbers taped to them?? It's clearly tape. As for them being rough, if they already cleaned them up, then ya! they're rough. But a little lube a LOT of cleaning and soaking might take care of it. Someone was right about one thing J&G's do not look that way.
I'm about to purchase one or two as back up's and parts. But, I'll have too see what pet projects my wife has(they're usually my daughter. That's kind'a hard to refute). My daughter graduates from Florida Southern in December.
Last edited by rottenrick on September 12th, 2009, 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bryno44

CHESTNUT RIDGE SUPPLY?

Post by bryno44 »

I can vouch for Chestnut Ridge and it's proprietor Dan Kovalchik; started dealing with them some time back after winning an auction on GunBroker. They have a lot of goodies I've had problems finding in the past, such as 100% cotton cleaning patches. I don't believe any reasonable person will have a problem dealing with Chestnut Ridge. While you are ogling the guns and stuff, go to his links page and look at the Covert Carrier; I have been studying the possibility of using the sleeve version of this device on a P-64, seems to me it should solve two of my problems at once: (1) a better grip on the P-64 (my Necessary Adaptive Engineering version is very ugly) (2) a way to make sure the little rascal stays where I put it ( I am in the habit of sticking the P-64 in my hip pocket under a tails-out polo or T-shirt for runs to the store, carrying out the trash . . etc. You guys tell me what you think of the Covert Carrier, maybe someone out there has already used one and is dying to tell us about it.
Thanks
Bryan
jhandy

CHESTNUT RIDGE SUPPLY?

Post by jhandy »

you dont think that the Covert Carrier would bother your grip on the gun? I like the clipdraw. Is is pretty much the same, but its up on the slide. I, as well as others on this forum have used them for a wile. This one is mine.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

CHESTNUT RIDGE SUPPLY?

Post by dfunk »

My biggest problem with the covert carrier is that you have to use 2 hands to draw the weapon because it lets it ride with the grip below the belt line. It's the best way to conceal a pistol (grip below belt line) but it's also the best way to hinder the draw, imo. Finding a balance of concealability with accessibility is the main challenge when considering a cc setup.
hairypolack

CHESTNUT RIDGE SUPPLY?

Post by hairypolack »

it is mighty tempting to pick another one up for $129 but my car need brakes to stop...... :'(
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

CHESTNUT RIDGE SUPPLY?

Post by dfunk »

Pfftt...you and your details...
hairypolack

CHESTNUT RIDGE SUPPLY?

Post by hairypolack »

dickfunk wrote:Pfftt...you and your details...
I know, I hate being so damn responsible.