Newly Made P64 Mags - Coming Soon!

Info, pictures, advice...
forwardsupply

Post by forwardsupply »

Hey Guys,

Not sure where I originally posted, whether it was here on the main discussion board or the for sale board. As this one appears to be more active than the For Sale board, I figure I'd post here.

We have been working with an overseas contract manufacturer to have a limited run of 2,000 P-64 magazines produced. The contract manufacturer has been in this business for over 30 years, and services the biggest names in the shooting sports industry. Along with their commercial line, they also make and supply components to many military forces around the world.

We have received three sample magazines for reliability testing and acceptance for the production run, and here are the results of the tests we performed:

Two separate P64 pistols were used for testing, one marked 1968 the other marked 1976.

One military surplus magazine was used to function test both pistols.

Ammunition used for testing was 300 rounds of steel cased Barnaul, and 300 rounds of brass cased Winchester.

First test was to verify that both pistols functioned using the military surplus magazine. Magazine was loaded with staggered brass/steel ammunition to verify that both brass cased and steel ammunition fed properly. Both pistols functioned perfectly with original magazine, and with both types of ammunition.

Second test was to begin testing the sample magazines. Each magazine was tested using the following method:

1. Load two rounds of mixed brass/steel ammunition. Fire for function testing.

2. Load three rounds of mixed brass/steel ammunition. Fire for function testing.

3. Continue loading an additional round until reach max capacity of 6 rounds. Fire for function testing.

4. Load full magazine with brass cased ammunition, fire all six rounds in quick succession.

5. Load full magazine with steel cased ammunition, fire all six rounds in quick succession.

The results of these tests were nearly perfect, with the only failures being related to one of the pistols safety kept dropping. No failures to feed were experienced, and magazines fit perfectly into both guns.

Here is a picture of the testing "equipment" that was used:

The newly made mags are in the top right of the above picture.

Here is a closeup of the newly made mags:

Here is a copy of the approved import permit for the mags, with the only information blacked out being proprietary business information and addresses:

The production run magazines will have some minor cosmetic improvements not seem on the sample magazines, other than that they will be just like the original mags. No ugly electro-pencil serial numbers :D

If you want to get your name on the waiting list for these magazines, I would advise you to email me as soon as you can at brian.platt@forwardsupply.com. The only information we need is your first and last name, your phone number, and the number of mags you are interested in. You're under no commitments to buy, we will call you when they are in country and you can decide to buy more or less or not at all at that time. Pricing is expected to be such that we can offer quantity discounts for anyone who signs up on the waiting list.

I probably don't have to say this but these magazines will go very quick. Not sure if its in our interest to bring in any more after these, so if you want extra mags that work just as good (if not better) than the originals this is your chance.

-Brian
steve98664

Post by steve98664 »

Brian, Thanks for posting all of the cool information on these! I'm not sure if I need more, but you have sparked my interest with your articulate post!

Is your manufacturer delivering any spare parts? I think that over time, there will be a market for those also. Dunno if springs, followers, etc require all of the paper work for permissions also.
Last edited by steve98664 on August 13th, 2006, 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by bzinggg »

Brian,

Please re-size the image of the permit to import. When an image too large for the page is posted, it causes all the other posts to conform to its' size, running the text clear off the viewable window for all the readers of the topic. Every one has to scroll back and forth to read the posts, a real PITA. Thanks.
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by nbender »

Thanks for the post and offer. Email sent.
amd6547

Post by amd6547 »

I just wish some of them had a flat floorplate.
"I was so much older than, I'm younger then that now..."
rlj102468
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by rlj102468 »

Any one here more on this subject?

Thanks,
Bobby J.
b52stan

Post by b52stan »

This bush league effort to capitalize on the need for P-64 mags has just pissed me off. These type of aftermarket mags are rarely reliable, and commencing with their introduction many moons ago, nothing looked legit.
Buyer beware. I still haven't seen one post where anyone has had a problem with the originals. These replacement mags better be cheap enough to withstand some frustration. JMHO.
rjsixgun

Post by rjsixgun »

any for sale yet?
and I hope there priced alittle better than original mags.
no sence in buying after market mags if there the same price as real ones.........
rjsixgun

Post by rjsixgun »

Still waiting................