Latest batch of P-64

Info, pictures, advice...
blackblade

Latest batch of P-64

Post by blackblade »

I noticed that everyone except J&G Sales appears to be out of P-64 pistols. So I bought a few more as the current supply appears to be running out.

This should last for a while I think. I put on a couple Marschal grips and have some Zee's grips to put on yet after I clean a few more. Still, not sure how long the supply will last. I noticed that the supply of CZ-82 have thinned out and Makarovs have almost dried up except for a small batch of Bulgarians at SOG. The PA-63 are hit and miss lately.
Last edited by blackblade on August 6th, 2009, 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stover

Latest batch of P-64

Post by stover »

That is quite the collection. Do you have a similar spread of the other gun mentioned. I thought I was over doing it because I have 4 9x18 pistols.
blackblade

Latest batch of P-64

Post by blackblade »

stover wrote: That is quite the collection. Do you have a similar spread of the other gun mentioned. I thought I was over doing it because I have 4 9x18 pistols.

One of the bug out bags with some of the CZ-82 and Makarovs.
stover

Latest batch of P-64

Post by stover »

Nice! Is that a 52 in the upper right hand corner too?
carlhenry

Latest batch of P-64

Post by carlhenry »

VERY NICE!! i would have a collection just like it but the wife wont allow it!
great collection blackblade.
Last edited by carlhenry on August 7th, 2009, 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blackblade

Latest batch of P-64

Post by blackblade »

stover wrote:Nice! Is that a 52 in the upper right hand corner too?
Those are CZ-82 and Makarovs (German and Bulgarian). I did opt to collect some Tokarevs tho.
Sgt P

Latest batch of P-64

Post by Sgt P »

Blackblade, super nice selection of P-64s, CZ-82s and CZ 52s also. Man you wanna adopt me? As a former FFL dealer my wife is glad that I gave it up due to all the costs. ::) home security issues, etc.

I told her now that I am retired, it is time to relax. Go to the range shoot the P-64s and hang out. Glad to see one of us is getting what he wants. ;)
ogdengunner

Latest batch of P-64

Post by ogdengunner »

Very impressive collection. I had forgotten about the P64s and other eastern bloc collectibles for a while. If the supply is drying up, I guess I better make up my mind if I want more before its too late.
johnzola

Latest batch of P-64

Post by johnzola »

I've been researching an appropriate sized carry pistol that still had decent punch and decided that purchasing a P64 was the way to go. I noticed that only J&G still had them for a decent price. I noticed too that many of the eastern block pistols were starting to become scarce, like when I see Nagant revolvers going for over $150 on Gun Broker. Whats with that?

I'm glad I got my first P64 day before yesterday! You P64 owners sure have my respect! I just shot mine this morning for the first time. It's not for the "faint of heart"!
Sgt P

Latest batch of P-64

Post by Sgt P »

Johnzola, welcome to the party pal. The P-64 does take a little getting used to. To break in my 1970 P-64, I invited 8-10 friends to try it out on a friends range.

After all the adults tried it, one of my friends young sons asked his Dad if he could shoot it. Well he did really well as he has small hands, so no slide bite. He was all smiles when he finished 12 rounds of 9mm makarov ammunition. Did quite well at 25 meters too, mostly in the 8-9 ring. He did say that it kicked a little. Sgt P.
ogdengunner

Latest batch of P-64

Post by ogdengunner »

I feel naked. I still have only one. Other priorities.
pshootr

Latest batch of P-64

Post by pshootr »

Fear the man who owns but one gun. He likely knows how to use it.
- - - Old Saying