It Still "Bites"!!

Info, pictures, advice...
martilyo
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

It Still "Bites"!!

Post by martilyo »

After installing a Marschal grip, Wolff recoil and firing pin spring, the P64 still stings my hand between the thumb and index finger. I have tried alternate methods of gripping the pistol, no success.
Any ideas?
tman11787

It Still "Bites"!!

Post by tman11787 »

...maybe a Hogue Handle-All jr?
michaelap

It Still "Bites"!!

Post by michaelap »

I get the railroad tracks at least 1/4 of the time. Try to grip the gun just a little lower. I usually don't even know I've been bit until the end.
martilyo
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

It Still "Bites"!!

Post by martilyo »

I'll try again. My bone still hurts from 3 days ago!
retiredsailor

It Still "Bites"!!

Post by retiredsailor »

8-) I guess I'm lucky enough to have skinny fingers for a big ol' boy. I get a nice firm grip with my hand, maybe with my pinky finger out, but never had my P-64 bite.

I have had a sore wrist, though, from the recoil. :( But I still love mine! ;D
Last edited by retiredsailor on August 6th, 2009, 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
darrell

It Still "Bites"!!

Post by darrell »

The handall Jr. helps a lot. You might try gloves. I have the heavier springs and the Handall Jr. and it still hurts a little after a half a box or so. The heavier springs and the Handall Jr. make more difference on the PA-63. I don't shoot for than 20-30 rounds out of mine at a time. Having smaller hands helps.
daytonaknight

It Still "Bites"!!

Post by daytonaknight »

I have kinda big hands with short fingers. The way I hold a P64 puts one side of the slide over the back knuckle of my thumb. I got a few stripes across my knuckle before I started putting the thumb of my weak hand over of the thumb on my shooting hand and pulling down slightly. I still have to put up with a little tenderness in the heel of my thumb after a box or so.
martilyo
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

It Still "Bites"!!

Post by martilyo »

Got my Zee grips in the mail today, I'll give them a try to see if it helps. The grips look nice!
michaelap

It Still "Bites"!!

Post by michaelap »

I am waiting on a pair, let me know how that works out. By the way what colors did you go with?
Sgt P

It Still "Bites"!!

Post by Sgt P »

Same with me, I chose the finger rest model in Russian red, or plum I believe is the better choice of a word for the color. ;)

Martikto, you may want to choke down on the grip a little if your hand is sliding up and you are getting slide rub as we used to call it in the military. As I have huge hands I sometimes have to let my hand naturally settle below the bottom on the grip in order to fire the pistol. The walther PPKs used to cause all types of problems for me untill I bought a set of the checkered grips from Guy Hogue out in CA. Sgt P.
hairypolack

It Still "Bites"!!

Post by hairypolack »

retiredsailor wrote: 8-) I guess I'm lucky enough to have skinny fingers for a big ol' boy. I get a nice firm grip with my hand, maybe with my pinky finger out, but never had my P-64 bite.

I have had a sore wrist, though, from the recoil. :( But I still love mine! ;D
gotta keep it fancy.