Why are we at the mercy of AIM, SOG Etc?

Info, pictures, advice...
popeels09

Post by popeels09 »

All I see on this and other milsurp boards are buyers beaming when the importers/distributors send an "unissued piece". It seems all they care about is moving volume and not about the individual needs of collectors. Understandably a handful of importers control the importation of BATFE controlled firearms. Why can't one of the P-64 enthusiasts strike a deal directly in Poland or with an importer to purchase surplus springs, links, extractors and other small parts direct from Radom or whoever has the stock of such parts? On the defunct Makarov.com someone brought in a lot of Mak parts. Look at the Tok listings and all the parts. For the P-64.... Nothing?

Perhaps a motivated person on here can get the ball rolling so we can all have an "armorers kit" with a few extra parts? I am SURE there are PLENTY of extra parts somewhere in Poland!

Tok Parts: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Search ... rev+pistol
Last edited by popeels09 on July 25th, 2009, 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sgt P

Post by Sgt P »

Popeels,
Too bad some of the members could not get together and see if some of the older importers would bring in the P-64 parts. I mean parts that we need to keep the pistols working. i.e.firing pins, f.p. springs, extractors, ejectors, etc. Like Centruy did with the armourers kit for the CZ-52.

The owner of Century Intl Arms lives in S. Florida. But his warehouse and some offices are still up in VT. I do not know if he still owns the Canadian side of the business. But they brought in a lot of weapons thru Canada.

I will call their offices to see if they even considered to import the P-64s. But since they imported groups of Polish tantal 5.45 X 39 rifles, it makes sense to import the pistols/parts too.
Sgt P.
Last edited by Sgt P on July 26th, 2009, 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
thiescea

Re: Why are we at the mercy of AIM, SOG Etc?

Post by thiescea »

thread necromancy, but if a kind of armorers kit exists for the P-64 like it does for CZ-52s I'd sure buy one. So, has anyone anywhere heard anything about the existence of such a kit yet?
blackblade

Post by blackblade »

It's just a time intensive effort. There were a couple guys that ran Makarov.com that often sold parts and accessories for Makarov calibre guns. They shut down a few years ago as did some others that sold accessories. Just too much work for the return I think.
GeneCC

Post by GeneCC »

The International Arms Market.... based upon contacts, old friendships, and dealing with Government sources in Poland.

Anyone here speak Polski? I don't, and I'm not even sure I'm calling the Polish language by its proper name.

Importing parts is different from importing arms. It's kind of ironic - it seems to be easier to get "spare parts" for an MP-44 or an AK-74 than for a Radom. For now anyhow.

Gene
GeneCC

Post by GeneCC »

popeels09 wrote:Perhaps a motivated person on here can get the ball rolling so we can all have an "armorers kit" with a few extra parts? I am SURE there are PLENTY of extra parts somewhere in Poland!
Probably, but they've probably been stockpiled for existing P-64s. The Poles quit making them a long time ago.

Any surplus parts may have been melted down in the big Fire Sales of the 1990s.

Be cool to get the drawings so that we can make our own parts.

Gene
thiescea

Post by thiescea »

some guy from poland was selling rather large quantities of parts on gunbroker, so parts do exist.