Ammunition

Info, pictures, advice...
blackblade

Ammunition

Post by blackblade »

Just a heads up for anyone looking for Wolf Gold 7.62x25 Tolarev HP ammo. Sportsman's Guide has a tentative import date of August 6th. Of course it's always subject to change, but at least they are taking orders. One of the big complaints or criticisms from gunowners is that it is difficult to find reasonably priced defensive ammo for the Toks and CZ-52 pistols. Of course if cost is not a problem, then the MagSafe frangible ammo is currently available.
thesurf777

Ammunition

Post by thesurf777 »

Hey guys I have been shooting Winchester 9MM Mok, Ball ammo for around 25.00 a box at ATP gun in Summerville SC.
thesurf777

Ammunition

Post by thesurf777 »

Sorry for the spelling 9mm Mak. Winchester is making it. More and more people trying to get thier hands on a P64 or a Mak.
ogdengunner

Ammunition

Post by ogdengunner »

I may have to consider going online. I have to admit, I am just lazy and impatient sometimes. Online is cheaper, but you need to fax a copy of ID to verify age. Buying in store, more expensive but all my regular places know me, so no longer necessary to show ID.
To answer the question, if you don't mind the extra time it takes initially to fax your ID, order online. I personally have used Federal, Brown Bear and Silver Bear. I have never used Wolfe.
blackblade

Ammunition

Post by blackblade »

I scanned my DL and just send that as an email attachment to online vendors. Don't know why some need it since they have my C&R on file and you have to be over 21 for that. ::)

Still, I buy cases of ammo at a time to save more on bulk purchases and shipping.

BTW, for reloaders - Just got a email and J&G Sales has S&B 9x18 ammo (brass cased and boxer primed) in stock.
jhandy

Ammunition

Post by jhandy »

Ive ordered ammo from J&G and I never gave my Id.
Last edited by jhandy on July 29th, 2009, 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hangfire

Ammunition

Post by hangfire »

Me neither. I purchase ammo online from 5 different vendors (in fact Big Brown dropped off the latest batch at my door this morning) and I've never been asked for a driver's license. Seems to me that would just be asking for identity theft.
impackin

Ammunition

Post by impackin »

WOW!!! What good information on buying ammunition on the INTERNET, I just came back from my favorite gun shop and he was selling 9x18 ammo from winchester for $25.99 per 50 Rd box. I sure am glad I didn't buy!! Thanks for the post, this forum is great
I carry a gun, because a cop is too heavy
martilyo
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Ammunition

Post by martilyo »

From my internet surfing, I found that joining the "club" at www.thesportsmansguide.com is the best place to get cheap ammo. They sell Brown Bear 9x18 for $9.47 for a box of 50.
www.cheaperthandirt.com is not far behind at $10.79 a box for Brown Bear.
I stay away from Wolf. It always seems to misfeed or jam regardless of the pistol or rifle I use it with.
tankdriver

Ammunition

Post by tankdriver »

Finially the cost of ammo is comming down. Instead of the ammo dealers saying "Don't bother us", they are now sending out emails running sales again.
jhandy

Ammunition

Post by jhandy »

so, gun control through ammo isn't working?