The Buy Sell Trade board

Info, pictures, advice...
desertdave

The Buy Sell Trade board

Post by desertdave »

Hi Guys! Sounds fair to me! By the way, ZEE (aka Shawn R.) is just a little behind on his grip work. I ordered a set of "commie-red" for my 1977 P-64 and he said he was expecting resin soon.....So, if you are like me, just sit tight.....He is working as fast as he can.....DesertDave ;D
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

The Buy Sell Trade board

Post by gunneyrabbit »

This is first and fore most a gun forum, primarily designed to explore, inform and advocate for the Polish P64 pistol and I for one believe Dick is on the right track. He's not banning any one from buying or selling, just keeping things on the up and up and I agree that this is a good thing.
The moderator's have kept this board friendly and honest and my hat goes off to them for that. If they decide that there needs to be rules regarding the sales of products, that is their right, so be it. This is, after all, by far; the least intrusive forum that I have had the privilege to be a member of.
If some of you guys want a forum that is designed specifically for sales and purchasing, start one up, you can have no rules at all and you will beat the pants off of Gun Broker and Auction Arms and we'll all be there every night watching for great deals..

As for Dick, Norm, Papabear and the other board members, please keep up the good work, you and the other fellows are doing a great job, just because the silent majority doesn't inject their opinions very often, it doesn't mean they're not around.
Love this forum!
G.R.
Last edited by gunneyrabbit on July 18th, 2009, 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
z28

The Buy Sell Trade board

Post by z28 »

gunneyrabbit wrote: This is first and fore most a gun forum, primarily designed to explore, inform and advocate for the Polish P64 pistol and I for one believe Dick is on the right track. He's not banning any one from buying or selling, just keeping things on the up and up and I agree that this is a good thing.
The moderator's have kept this board friendly and honest and my hat goes off to them for that. If they decide that there needs to be rules regarding the sales of products, that is their right, so be it. This is, after all, by far; the least intrusive forum that I have had the privilege to be a member of.
If some of you guys want a forum that is designed specifically for sales and purchasing, start one up, you can have no rules at all and you will beat the pants off of Gun Broker and Auction Arms and we'll all be there every night watching for great deals..

As for Dick, Norm, Papabear and the other board members, please keep up the good work, you and the other fellows are doing a great job, just because the silent majority doesn't inject their opinions very often, it doesn't mean they're not around.
Love this forum!
G.R.
Good post rabbit
tankdriver

The Buy Sell Trade board

Post by tankdriver »

Well, I've been here awhile, but just ordered my P64, so have not posted anything, but read a lot. Is there a way to tie in your membership date? A lot of people read a lot, but may not have a lot to say. My be that might be a way to cull out the spammers.
Last edited by tankdriver on July 31st, 2009, 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grayparatrooper

The Buy Sell Trade board

Post by grayparatrooper »

i have been here awhile i just never post but i read alot lol.
paulski

The Buy Sell Trade board

Post by paulski »

10 posts is a good # to be sure that people come back to check their posts. ;)

I am just learning this forum's software ???, so correct me if it already does this, but if the software allowed for E-mail notification of topic replies, That would solve a lot of your problems with people who drop ads & never reply to their replies.

P.S. I know new software is expensive, so I am not recommending an upgrade until you all are ready & the profit to justify this is present.
And this forum is great how it is, it is just unusual to me to see a forum that doesn't have automatic an E-mail notification feature.
paulski

The Buy Sell Trade board

Post by paulski »

Another simple Idea, This comes from the Saiga 12 forum, where You can usually find me, is:

If you <s>charged</s> requested a nominal <s>fee</s> donation ($5.00) To be a contributor & made a rule that only Contributors could place sale ads, that could increase both the site's revenue & the sellers customer base. thus resulting in more commerce traffic.

$5.00 is chump-change for a website to sell products on. Only the stingiest of users would complain.
And if you don't want to sell, you can still get in free to buy.
At least that is the way it has worked out over there.

Every now & then someone has to be reminded of the rules, but there is rarely any fuss.

I am a contributor over there & I have never even wanted to sell anything yet. I just donated because I got so much Info on my shotgun conversion, that I felt guilty freeloading. A man has pride you know.

I'll be floating a few bucks this site's way when I get around to it for the same reason.

Just an idea.
Paul

Edited for legal semantics.
Last edited by paulski on September 22nd, 2009, 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Buy Sell Trade board

Post by dfunk »

Paul,
Thanks for the ideas. As I've said in the past, if I could switch forum software and kick over the past few years of database to an independent board, I'd do it. It's simply not possible.

I know other sites expect money to list buy/sell ads, but I don't think that method fits our platform here. This is a community driven site. I personally make no money from it and neither do the mods or contributors. While I do appreciate the donations we receive, they are in no way a requirement. In the end, I pay the bills for the site with donation money and then flip the difference myself - which is fine.

Funny this got brought up now, though, because I've got a holster I'm thinking of raffling off to money for the site's bills. I'll keep you guys in the loop about it as it progresses, but the basics are $1 raffle tickets.
Sgt P

The Buy Sell Trade board

Post by Sgt P »

Dick,
I think a raffle would be a great way to raise money for the sites bills. This way it would be our way of helping the P-64 Resource website grow and help all of us out with what we enjoy. The P-64 pistols and hopefully the parts/accessories to keep them going. Sgt P.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

The Buy Sell Trade board

Post by normsutton »

DF

you running low on money to run the site, I'll put in another $20 all you have to do is ask

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Buy Sell Trade board

Post by dfunk »

Norm,
Thanks for the donation - every little bit helps.

I wasn't trying to imply that I needed money - I was just explaining why a pay-per ad system makes no sense for this forum and that it's run by it's community and members.

I like the raffle idea, though. It gives people the opportunity to help a forum that has probably helped them, and also gives them a chance to win a holster for $1. Depending on how well it takes, perhaps we could do other items down the line.
tman11787

The Buy Sell Trade board

Post by tman11787 »

+1 for the raffle idea...
mikepolo841

The Buy Sell Trade board

Post by mikepolo841 »

and more here, It's a great board and I will be glad to help out as I can also.. Just keep us informed about any raffles you decide to have!!! I will buy tickets!!! holsters, mag holders anything..
rottenrick

The Buy Sell Trade board

Post by rottenrick »

Dickfunk, I'll send a pm later, let me know what you need or better yet where to send it, think I lost your card. Get with ya' later.
grayparatrooper

The Buy Sell Trade board

Post by grayparatrooper »

A car forum i frequent requires 50 posts before you can look at the buy/sell area so 10 isnt that bad.