Prowd Owner

Info, pictures, advice...
spot

Prowd Owner

Post by spot »

I have been lurking a few days and like the board and how friendly and helpful the board is . I looked at the P-64 at gun shows , but wasn't sure about them , until reading a lot of the post here , so I am the proud owner of a P-64 , it is a 1974 with a triangle hammer, it came with 2 mags , one had the serial nomber etched on , the other had a broken finger guard that I didn't find till I got home. I put 50 rds of Wolf through it without a single problem. Both mags work great . The double action trigger is hard but I may change it to the 16 or 18 lb Wolf later. The single action trigger is real light , just a little tap and it goes off , is this normal ? I took it apart when I got home and cleaned all the oil off and lubed it and put it back together before I put the first round through it . I shot a few mags and then I installed a Hogue Handall and it felt better. I still got a little Red in the web of my hand, I will have to learn to hold it different. I look forward to many years of fun with it .
Spot :)
space
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Prowd Owner

Post by space »

Welcome to the group.

The red spot in the web of my hand has faded in the last few months, now that I know how to hold my P64 correctly :)

Take the slide and grips off and look in the springs. Mine were packed with hardened cosmoline which was removed by sticking it in an oven on low heat (145 degrees) and then blasting it with WD40 while still warm. (take grips off if you do this and make sure not to burn down the house)

Trigger pull was MUCH improved after that.
spot

Prowd Owner

Post by spot »

Thanks for the reply . I looked at the springs when I took it apart to clean the packing oil off, but I will do it again. Thanks for the tip .
Spot