Range report - first time with _64

Info, pictures, advice...
rottenrick

Post by rottenrick »

There's someone here that reloads, can't remember who, that uses a green color to tell the difference because he has 9x19 pistols. Is there a standard way of marking modified cases??? Red is standard for danger, or you could use"Black and Yellow kill a fella'", but that's too much effort when red would do.
vodka

Post by vodka »

Mine came with a dovetailed sight insert and a fixed front sight. A tap with a punch and a little dremel work to the front sight, all ist klar. Don't have the eye's I used to have so, the military training (both eyes open and the index finger point) has to come back. still can do 2 low and 1 high at 25 meters. I like the way it works, just wondered if anybody had some solid tweaks. And if anybody else had the brown bear problem. I fired 24 rounds thru 2 different mags, 7 or 6, the last one stovepiped everytime (caught in the ejection port) no insult intended, cause it's obvious we all been around the block with pistols. J&G offers a spring kit(Wolff?) anybody have any experience with these? Also talked to Gander Mountian about reblueing they offer teflon coating (melonizing) anybody have any experience with that? Have fun and let's enjoy the trip,,,,,
rottenrick

Post by rottenrick »

You can buy directly from Wolffe. I bought the 18,19,20 lb. spring pack, and 20lb. recoil spring because I don't like grinding on things. As for the stove piping I'd look at the ramp and mags. I personally haven't had the problems with Brownbear. One of the reasons it took me so long to go back to semi-auto pistols is I had a severe problem in the 70's with a Colt commander in 9x19 para. Man, I tried everything. Had ramp polished numerous times, different mags, gunsmith's (three different one's) and I don't know how many dollars. The only thing I could shoot was Federal FMJ'S without stove piping. I got rid of it. The P-64. Yes, the sights could be better, but haven't removed them. Haven't heard of melonizing,but if I was going to do anything other than bluing, it would be Duracoat. Some here have used it with great result's. But, I'm a bluing type guy, it's what I prefer. As far as tweaks, I've lightly polished the rails, ramp. Applied graphite to smooth things out a little. Really other than the SPRINGS there wasn't much that needed doing except a GOOD soaking in mineral spirits(24 hours),and cleaning to get rid of cosmoline.
torpeau

Post by torpeau »

anjdrifter wrote: I have seen factory stuff with red paint(?) or something on em thought it was a sealer.
Yeah, the Wolf Military Classic I normally shoot has red "paint" around the primer. So does my Silver Bear HP.
"The only time we see the middle of the road
is as we run from side to side." R.O. Clark