Favorite ammo?...

Info, pictures, advice...
siafu

Favorite ammo?...

Post by siafu »

What is the most consistent brass cased ammo for these guns? And what is a fair price for a 50 round box? Any vendors recommended?
rottenrick

Favorite ammo?...

Post by rottenrick »

I've got some on order thru Georgia arms, they load on site. Ordered 500rds brass case, boxer primed 95gn golddots, at about $ 41.50 per hundred. I can't wait on Hornady any more and from what I'm seeing hornady isn't such a great deal anyway. The only draw back is the reload to order. I won't be able to go get it until about 7 weeks from now. It's outside of Atlanta.
mikeh1

Favorite ammo?...

Post by mikeh1 »

brass cased 9x18 doesn't seem to be as plentiful as steel cased, I have some MFS and some Barnaul Brass, both work great and were around $10/bx.

Graf & Sons has some Fiocchi brass case, but at $17.59/bx

Keep an eye on wideners.com and jgsales.com
ipsd

Favorite ammo?...

Post by ipsd »

Hand loads is where it is at. Brass is just 9mm luger brass trimmed to the 9x18 spec. Then Hornady XTP hollow points $15/bx of 100 bullets. Last week I made 175rnds of 9x18 in about 1hour. The cases were prepped just had to load them. I've had decent luck with WOlf and Brown Bear, American Eagle, but they just don't compete with the hand loads.

Stuckman
scottinillinois

Favorite ammo?...

Post by scottinillinois »

I hope Stuckman is correct - I have approximately 225 9mm range pick-up brass that I tumble cleaned, trimmed (using lee trimmer and 9X18 makarov length gage), and retumbled, along with new boxes of Hornady 95 grain XTP and Universal Clays powder. The primers are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow (Yes, I paid black market price, $59.90/1000, delivered), but unfortunately I'm out of town until early next week so it will be a few more days before I am able to put together some ammo and test it out. I plan to use permanent red marker on the headstamp which I understand is the universal message warning for "This brass may not be what it appears", in case I lose some of the brass and others pick it up.

I really like the idea of free 9X18 brass and hand loading, but I've also used Silver Bear HP in my JG p-64 with no problems.
ipsd

Favorite ammo?...

Post by ipsd »

scottinillinois wrote:I hope Stuckman is correct -
I am check it out. viewtopic.php?t=2440&start=0 Have fun with your free brass. I pick up tons of it at the range. I guess those 9mm Luger guys can get it just that cheap!

stuckman
olympus

Favorite ammo?...

Post by olympus »

Sellier and Bellot is my favorite brass cased ammo...but it's hard to beat the Bear!