First trip to the range with my P-64's...

Info, pictures, advice...
siafu

Post by siafu »

All I can say is WOW! ;D Both of them are 1971 vintage and both fed perfectly without a malfunction of any kind whatsoever. I shot Wolf (because I have 500 rounds of it) but those little pistols gobbled it up like a hungry fat kid. I noticed a few sparks flying around but everything ran at 100% from both guns.

I made sure to function test the 4 magazines in each pistol and even though there is a difference between the magazines in the way they are made (some have a larger, deeper follower, two have a shallower follower plate) all the mags worked perfectly. Spring stiffness didn't seem to matter much. There was not any instance of FTF or FTE in 150 rounds.

As far as accuracy is concerned, the P64 is frighteningly accurate. I found it more accurate than any of may other guns I had out today. The Steyr M9-A1 was a very close second but it is also twice the size of the P64. The Walther PPS 9mm was third and the Glock 27 .40 S&W took last place. I was shooting a numbered grid with 2.5 inch squares at 20 feet and often I was putting the shot right on the number inside the square. This may sound easy but my eyes aren't getting any younger and I was very satisfied with the accuracy. I will be putting a little white model paint on the front sight blade to make it easier to acquire.

I did not find the P64 to be harsh to shoot like some had reported. The snappiest of the group was the PPS followed by the G27. The Steyr is so damn plush it is like shooting an air pistol.

To say I am satisfied with my P-64's would be the understatement of the year. They are truly excellent pistols in function, accuracy and build quality. I am so jazzed that I am going to order a 3rd one just to be on the safe side.

Thanks to this forum for all the great tutorials, members and shared experiences. Thanks for all your help and input. Carry on. :)

~Siafu

Last edited by siafu on May 30th, 2009, 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jbabbler

Post by jbabbler »

Great writeup Siafu. Could you tell a difference between the two? Lets see some pics of the rest f the herd.
John has a long mustache
rottenrick

Post by rottenrick »

Nice looking set of twins!! You call em' Darrell & Darrell???
siafu

Post by siafu »

jbabbler wrote:Great writeup Siafu. Could you tell a difference between the two? Lets see some pics of the rest f the herd.
I have another PPS in .40 which is at my Gunsmith's place getting a little service, and a couple of other rifles that round out the collection. :D