Ordered one today...its here!

Info, pictures, advice...
mikestl

Post by mikestl »

Hi all,

Ordered my first P-64 today...I'm a big fan of Eastern Bloc style weapons. I have a M44, a Yugo SKS, and a CZ-52 so the P-64 will fit right in nicely. JG Sales says 7-10 days to ship, so I have a small wait. I went ahead and ordered the replacement springs from them while I was at it, after reading so many posts recommending that.

Some of the members here have an avatar with some really nice looking camo grips. I've poked around the forum and can't seem to find where they got them.

Look forward to being a part of the "family".

Mike
Last edited by mikestl on May 18th, 2009, 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
siafu

Post by siafu »

mikestl

Post by mikestl »

My P-64 arrived today from JG...only took a few days to get to my FFL, not the 7-10 they said to expect.

It is a 1969 round hammer, flat grips, and although it is in what I would call VG shape, it has seen some heavy use. There is only about 50% blue left on the barrel. The slide has wear down the left "shoulder". However, it has been well cared for in my opinion. Soaked the frame it solvent (grips off!) until all the chunks of old grease fell off. Ran a couple of solvent patches down the barrel and I swear it looks like new. Bright chrome, no spots, and deep looking rifling.

So I didn't luck out like some of you with an unissued gun, but it is very nice and I'm happy. The bummer is the ammo didn't show up today. Maybe tomorrow. I'll post a pic if anyone is interested.

Also, my FFL got another box from JG with 2 P-64's and a TT-33 in it. The P-64's were just like mine, late 60's, very nice but not unissued at all.

Mike
Last edited by mikestl on May 18th, 2009, 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tooldawg99

Post by tooldawg99 »

I am waiting for p64 #2 also from J&G...thot it would be here today, but no luck. :'(

Maybe tomorrow. My first p64 was near mint,,, so I am curious if my #2 will be a rough-up case as well.

and YES! Please post a few pics!