Silver Bear 94 Gr HP's

Info, pictures, advice...
sapo

Silver Bear 94 Gr HP's

Post by sapo »

Shot a handful of Silver Bear 94Gr JHP's into a tank of water to show you what kind of performance you will get out of them. Not much. Sometimes they will expand sometimes they wont. Almost every time you will get jacket separation. Just for fun, I pulled some of the Russian HP's and substituted both the SPEER 90Gr. and the Hornady 95Gr JHP's using the same Russian cases and powder charges. The differences will surprise you. I shot them out of my CZ vz. 82, which has a longer barrel than the P-64. but you get the idea. Performance is not as good shooting the Russian 94Gr HP's out of the P-64. You gain about a 100-150fps more out of the same load out of the CZ vz. 82. With the polygonal rifling in the barrel of the CZ vz. 82, there is almost no bullet deformation from rifling. The bullets look almost smooth.

"From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs”.
Hillary Clinton: "We're Going to Take Things Away From You on Behalf of the Common Good"
"BuckFarack"

Last edited by sapo on May 5th, 2009, 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rfaudree

Silver Bear 94 Gr HP's

Post by rfaudree »

Nice testing there.Id like to see it through about 4 layers of gen material and into a ham.After you get the bullets out you can eat the ham.just dont tell anyone they will think your nuts.
rottenrick

Silver Bear 94 Gr HP's

Post by rottenrick »

Found Georgia arms loads 9x18 brass case with Speer Gold dots. Pretty reasonable if you don't reload 100 rds. are $41.50. I'll order wait until it's ready, drive to Atlanta. pick it up and see some friends. They've got so much business it's a 5-7 week delay. But they do have a show room that's open to the public. It's only a 5 hour drive from me. I'm going to piggy back an order for a bunch of folks, will cover the cost of the trip.
blackhawk83

Silver Bear 94 Gr HP's

Post by blackhawk83 »

Sapo
informative post much appreciated