Need ammo

Info, pictures, advice...
rfaudree

Need ammo

Post by rfaudree »

You can practice with anything exept Wolf.I just orderd 500 rounds of silverbear from AIM for 9.95 for 50.They said they had a new ship. in of I think 80000 rounds.Now for cary I would recomend Hornady 94gr HP XTP.Its about the best for carry.If you can find Cor Bon its good too,but I dont think they are making it anymore.I dont have info on some of these exotic foreign rounds but you better not shot anything over 95gr.Glazer safty is no good,and powerball is no good for carry.The balistics arnt right and if you need to shot through somthing like glass or a door,nno good,and they better be naked if you shot em.
Last edited by rfaudree on May 3rd, 2009, 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
jbabbler

Need ammo

Post by jbabbler »

rfaudree wrote:You can practice with anything exept Wolf.I just orderd 500 rounds of silverbear from AIM for 9.95 for 50.They said they had a new ship. in of I think 80000 rounds.Now for cary I would recomend Hornady 94gr HP XTP.Its about the best for carry.If you can find Cor Bon its good too,but I dont think they are making it anymore.I dont have info on some of these exotic foreign rounds but you better not shot anything over 95gr.Glazer safty is no good,and powerball is no good for carry.The balistics arnt right and if you need to shot through somthing like glass or a door,nno good,and they better be naked if you shot em.
I disagree on the Hornady. All of the data I have seen on it show it to be EXTREMELY weak. It is hitting at 380 power. The Powrball ballistics show that it hits with 50% higher pressure and 33% more velocity than the Hornady. I am not at all impressed with the ballistic data for Hornady and would probably carry higher pressure ball ammo over it. I have the powrball in one mag and SilverBear FMJ in the other one. I would agree with you on ethe saftslugs though.
John has a long mustache
rottenrick

Need ammo

Post by rottenrick »

Guys, one question. What does the Hornady look like expanded?? There was a web site, just can't remember where, it showed the different bullets, some I'd never heard of. As I remember the Hornady was pretty spread out. So wound channel, depth of wound and potential blood loss should count for something. I'm looking for the website now.
rottenrick

Need ammo

Post by rottenrick »

I FOUND IT!!!! The web site is GoldenLoki.com checkout the table complete with pics and ballistics of all types of hollowpoints. I think you'll be very surprized. Looks like CCI Blaser beat them all.
rfaudree

Need ammo

Post by rfaudree »

jbabbler,How does the powerball do.What kind of testing have you done with it.Id like to give it a try.The Hornady might hit like a 380 but wont it have more expantion and wound canel and all that .It might be week but the testing Ive done shows realy good expantion.
rfaudree

Need ammo

Post by rfaudree »

You cant get cci blazer 90gr HP anymore.I called them and they dont make it.They said they didnt sell enough to make it worth it.
jbabbler

Need ammo

Post by jbabbler »

rfaudree wrote:jbabbler,How does the powerball do.What kind of testing have you done with it.Id like to give it a try.The Hornady might hit like a 380 but wont it have more expantion and wound canel and all that .It might be week but the testing Ive done shows realy good expantion.
I put 1 magazine of it through my gun and it fed great. The recoil was pretty harsh but not as bad as the 94gr fmj I tested. Unfortunately, I was unable to recover any of the rounds.

This website has some pretty good test data though.

http://www.victorinc.com/9x18mm.html

Look where the Hornady 94gr sits in the list as compared to the Powrball. If you take this chart and factor in the data from Goldern-Loki you can see that this round SEEMS to be more powerful than many popular 9mm luger rounds. I am saving up milk cartons and plan on doing a test in a week or so. I'll post some pics.

FYI... I bought a box of the Hornady and a few boxes of the Powrball. The Powrball feeds much better in my gun.
John has a long mustache
rottenrick

Need ammo

Post by rottenrick »

try
sapo

Need ammo

Post by sapo »

http://www.jgsales.com/index.php/ammo-f ... Path/25_30

J&G just got in 9X18. I ordered another 500 rds of SilverBear 94Gr JHP's. Like I need more ammo! :o
tnscooter

Need ammo

Post by tnscooter »

ammo shipped yesterday from J&G took 8 days to ship should be here in a few if UPS doesnt goof. There has been so much good info on this thread thanks a bunch to everyone.
rottenrick

Need ammo

Post by rottenrick »

tnscooter, I was getting a little impatient with them.. But alot of times when outfits say they'll have something done in so many days, they mean WORKING DAYS. So by their standards, they're thinking they're a head of the power curve, I don't like word games, but there it is. Ground shipment, or surface travel took five full working days to get her for both my ammo orders. I was like a kid waiting for Christmas, counting the days. The one thing it did do, made me look for new sources for arms and ammo. I was surprized how much was out there.
It's the thing that's great about this place. People exchange information, people don't play "I got a secret" here.
rottenrick

Need ammo

Post by rottenrick »

Sapo, I don't think you can ever have too much, unless you can't store it properly. I'm beginning to have one( storage problem ) now. It would seem my wife's storage is ever expanding, mine ever decreasing. But, I'm looking on the bright side, that new barn with the work shop I've always wanted hhmmmm.......
odonoma

Need ammo

Post by odonoma »

Hello All-

2 questions-
One- How does the Corbon Powerball shoot out of a PA-63 (i.e. can it)?
Two- Where can I find powerball? I have looked at a couple of sites and can't find it, but I may not be looking in the right places.

Thanks- Mark
rottenrick

Need ammo

Post by rottenrick »

Sorry I don't know.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Need ammo

Post by normsutton »

NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976