Need ammo

Info, pictures, advice...
mirother

Need ammo

Post by mirother »

beasleydanno and others,

Have you shot Norinco Green box before? How do you like it? I have heard people question whether the stuff is really noncorrosive, even though it says so on the box. Any thoughts?
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Need ammo

Post by beasleydano »

mirother wrote:beasleydanno and others,

Have you shot Norinco Green box before? How do you like it? I have heard people question whether the stuff is really noncorrosive, even though it says so on the box. Any thoughts?
I have shot a lot of Norinco Green box in Makarov, CZ82, P83, P64, PA-63, SMC-918. No problems. It is a little smelly, though. I like it.
mirother

Need ammo

Post by mirother »

beasleydano,

Thanks for the response. It puts my mind at ease. A lot of 9x18 stuff is pretty smelly.
tnscooter

Need ammo

Post by tnscooter »

Sapo wrote:Yea I need more ammo..............there is only about 7000 rds of .223. 6000 of 7.62X39 including an unopened can of Norinco steel core. Several thousand of 9X18. Several thousand .40 S&W. I got 9 MM coming out of everywhere. This does not include ready use in the safe. ::) We wont even talk about all the powder, primers and bullets I have been buying the last few years!

Drewling ;D
tnscooter

Need ammo

Post by tnscooter »

Got my first batch from J&G, only took 8 days and I found some older cor bon on one of a auction sites. What a difference a week makes now all I need is for the rain to stop and on my day off to bang bang somemore.
sapo

Need ammo

Post by sapo »

Don't Hate ::) I have been reloading since about 83' and I really bought most of the ammo when Kerry was running, just in case.

The safe in the photo, that's not where I keep my toys. I use that as a powder magazine. Primers and bullets are in the little grey cabinet next to the loading bench.
Last edited by sapo on May 9th, 2009, 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rottenrick

Need ammo

Post by rottenrick »

Started mine at Katrina. Where I live is not too far from a major interstate crossroads in north florida. Little communities like mine will filled with refugees, some good, some not so good. We could get people from the west and gulf areas, plus those from southern florida and from the Jacksonville area. I have a friend whose's in law enforcement, when cities took in people after Katrina, crime rates jumped big time. Since I don't reload(yet). When I made the rounds weekly of the different shops , always tried to buy something. Usually ammo to keep them in business, instead of buying from Walmart. Keep the little guy in business, WALMART NOW HAS NEXT TO NOTHING IN AMMO. They really don't seem interested in getting any either. The little guys have ammo, lots of it. Except, 9x18 mak hollow points. I called and asked an owner to hold two boxes of Hornady for me, that I would be in to get it within the hour. Told me no. first come first serve. O'k, got in there, it was gone. This guy knows me, I've spent made 2k there in the last year. I didn't say anything to him, but guess who I won't buy from anymore. I have an order with Georgia Arms in Atlanta for 500 rds. of brass loaded with golddots, plus 1000rds of sp 7.62x39. I'll drive up in eight weeks to get it in Atlanta. Sapo, wish I was in your position ammo wise, but I'm making progress. There's one owner talking about starting a reloading class, will cost nothing except materials, right now it's just talk. But told him to sign me up. I'd rather learn from someone, than expensive trial and error, but have to do one or the other. This guy has about 40 years in reloading.