P-64 vs. PPK Test

Info, pictures, advice...
pshootr

P-64 vs. PPK Test

Post by pshootr »

Here is a link the an online article in "Collecting & Shooting" of the P-64 vs. the PPK. http://www.surplusrifle.com/shooting200 ... /index.asp
krasmussen

P-64 vs. PPK Test

Post by krasmussen »

Thanks
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

P-64 vs. PPK Test

Post by abwehr »

well, I can't get to the website as it is blocked. Is this test short enought to copy and past to the Forum, or can someone give a brief synopsis of what it says? Thanks guys!
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

P-64 vs. PPK Test

Post by abwehr »

NORMSUTTON,

Thanks for e-mailing the article! I appreciate it very much and will read it during lunch!!!!!
dolang1
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

P-64 vs. PPK Test

Post by dolang1 »

Thanks for posting this article. I have both pistols and found it very informative. Later Don
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

P-64 vs. PPK Test

Post by dfunk »

Funny, I've had that link on the main P-64 site since it's creation. Good stuff.
kempin

P-64 vs. PPK Test

Post by kempin »

If I recall, the only real flaw identified with the p-64 was the double action.

. . . but that was before the hammer spring fix.

Wonder how a modified '64 would do in a straight up comparison?
pshootr

P-64 vs. PPK Test

Post by pshootr »

Having installed a 18# Wolff PPK hammer spring and a 25# Wolff H&K P-7 recoil spring (cut from 17 coils to exactly 10 coils), removed projection from finger rest on mag, removed thumb rest on grips (awaiting Zee grips), rounded face of trigger and polished all contact points, I think the P-64 would whupp any PPK hands down. I tried the double action trigger pull on a new PPK at the range, with my P-64 next to it for comparison purposes. The PPK was quite good, pull weight felt about the same as the P-64 with just a slight sense of mechanical friction. The P-64 on the other hand is was a bit lighter and feels as if the trigger mechanism was running on ball bearings.
tunnelrat

P-64 vs. PPK Test

Post by tunnelrat »

rounded face of trigger and polished all contact points
Okay, I'm one of the mechanically impaired. Would you be so gracious as to explain exactly how (exactly how -- what tools, etc.) you rounded the face of the trigger and polished all the contact points? How do you even determine where the contact points are?

Sorry, I'm a shooter, not a gunsmith. I would very much like to learn how you did what you did.