problem with NICS

Info, pictures, advice...
tomek

problem with NICS

Post by tomek »

02.22.09 i ordered on line from J&G p64. they send pistol next day. :o then i have been denied by a federally licensed firearms dealer from receiving a gun because of a record in FBI's NICS Background Check System.sad because i ordered before two handguns without any problems.(NICS check OK).i requested the reason, they send information that i am in USA illegally.to provide that i am legal resident i send them copy of my "green card" . since i mailed copy of my card NICS guys send me letter that they receive my additional documentation and i will be notified and provided additional information.second week nothing from them.i am tired of waiting. i am waiting for polish czak, fat over month. just sharing my feelings.
poor polish emigrant tomek :'(sorry for my English. ::)
Last edited by tomek on April 5th, 2009, 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

problem with NICS

Post by normsutton »

tomek

sorry to hear of your problems , just hang in there at lest you are legal and very welcome , and your English is fine

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
dusty62

problem with NICS

Post by dusty62 »

Yeah Tomek,
Unfortunately, sometimes the official end of things moves a might slower than the the rest of us. But if you hang in there I'm sure it'll come through. Of course, from my time spent in the military I did find that if you bug them enough eventually they give you what you want, even if it's just to get rid of you. You could try making a "friendly" check-up phone call daily, just to verify the current status of your case. Quite often if you sit tight and remain silent, the government officials are more than happy to do the same. Gotta light a proverbial fire under their butts once in a while to remind them that they do actually have a job to perform that goes beyond keeping a desk chair warm. Just MHO.

dus'
6x6pinz

problem with NICS

Post by 6x6pinz »

yep, when dealing with the government you have to remember, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
tomek

problem with NICS

Post by tomek »

today i received email from NICS : "Your transaction is still waiting to be worked at this time. Voluntary Appeal File (VAF) and appeal cases are processed in the order in which they are received; therefore, I am unable to give you a time-frame on when the VAF/appeal will be completed. Due to the high volume of VAF and appeal applications currently being received as well as the scope and complexity specific to each case, the current processing time for an appeal and/or VAF request is approximately 133 days." :o
only 133 days. :'( Patience is a virtue. it going be very big virtue in my case. ;D
stover

problem with NICS

Post by stover »

I just thank God I don't get all the government I pay for.
dusty62

problem with NICS

Post by dusty62 »

Ahhh Stover, I like that line!

dus'
bad1972pinz

problem with NICS

Post by bad1972pinz »

Patience and persistence. I had it happen in December, and I had received my CO CC permit 4 months earlier. (much more extensive background check as I understand) My FFL advised me to request an explanation from CBI explaining what caused this so I would have documentation if it happens again. I think they just made a mistake. I don't doubt that it's causing you some anxiety, but, be assured, you can get it resolved.
jamesb

problem with NICS

Post by jamesb »

bad1972pinz wrote:Patience and persistence. I had it happen in December, and I had received my CO CC permit 4 months earlier. ...
bad1972pinz - Here in Arizona if you have a CCW permit they fill out the FFL form when you buy a gun, but they aren't required to call it into NICS. Once you get the CCW you have a pass for NICS as long as the permit is valid. Isn't that the way they do it there in your state?
retiredfireguy

problem with NICS

Post by retiredfireguy »

In Washington State, everyone goes through NICS. My carry permit exempts me from the waiting period, but that's all.
stover

problem with NICS

Post by stover »

If the Governor signs the bill on his desk, Colorado permit holders will be exempt too. Surprised it has made it this far, democrats control both houses. Governor is considered anti-gun, hope he surprises me too.
stover

problem with NICS

Post by stover »

Tomek, did you get your issue resolved?
tomek

problem with NICS

Post by tomek »

i am still waiting.
rfaudree

problem with NICS

Post by rfaudree »

I think we are all with you.
michaelap

problem with NICS

Post by michaelap »

retiredfireguy wrote:In Washington State, everyone goes through NICS. My carry permit exempts me from the waiting period, but that's all.

What waiting period do you have in Washington?