Info, pictures, advice...
retiredfireguy

problem with NICS

Post by retiredfireguy »

5 days for handguns.
michaelap

problem with NICS

Post by michaelap »

Just an arbitrary 5 day wait? My experiences in Ohio and Florida were I waited til the FBI check was done the quickest for me was down in Gulf Breeze took 15 min up here in Ohio the longest was 2 days I thought the whole country was the same.
ipsd

problem with NICS

Post by ipsd »

Here in good ole Missouri they do your back ground check and once you clear your out the door with your new/used Handgun in hand. Glad I live in this state and not some of the others. You would think the whole country is the same but it isn't. Each state can tweak there laws just like they do out in California.

Stuckman
trace

problem with NICS

Post by trace »

Oregon takes 10 minutes. Wa changed a while ago for handguns, (you can buy an AK in 10 minutes) but a handgun takes a week. Kaliforna is 30 days for handguns and 10 for riffels but you can buy as many riffels as you want in a month but only one handgun. They also have a 10 round clip restriction. As for Tomcek?, With the Clear ID Act of 2005 they are making anyone that is not a citizen jump through more hoops than before. It hasn't taken affect in all states yet but I had a time of it since my birth certificate did not meet the states requirements and they don't take any subsitutes. Anyway, go for the new passport card and maybe that will help with the background checks. Oh, in Oregon you have to take a handgun class and in WA you don't for CHL. Idaho is easy too.
tomek

problem with NICS

Post by tomek »

NICS check with my beretta and springfield handgun. i waited for first 3 days , for second 2 days. my polish body who has citizenship waited for each of his handguns 15 minutes here in Cleveland OH.
tomek

problem with NICS

Post by tomek »

oh when !!!! Oh when !!!! oh when oooh... (tears ,tears,tears ) :'( :'( :'(
Oh You good Mailman,
bring me good news from NICS :o :D :o :D
That i am free to ;D ;D ;D
drive to my ffl 8-) 8-) 8-)
and bring p-64
legal oh ... legal egh ...legal eahh....
home...
go toooomek.. go toooomek... go tooooomek...
ogdengunner

problem with NICS

Post by ogdengunner »

Congratulations Tomek on getting your issue resolved. Enjoy your new P64.
tomek

problem with NICS

Post by tomek »

thank you ogdengunner !!!
fbi ,mailed me certificate that I'm eligible to get pistol from ffl dealer, but 30 days past since initiation so i must did another nics.
OK i waited another 3 days for check and finally i have it.
rottenrick

problem with NICS

Post by rottenrick »

I'd sure hang on to it if I were you.
ogdengunner

problem with NICS

Post by ogdengunner »

Ditto from me as well. The important thing is that you got the situation squared away. It is great to know that the system can still correct its mistakes even if it does take awhile.