Aluminum

Info, pictures, advice...
ourbigbluehouse

Aluminum

Post by ourbigbluehouse »

Has anyone had experience with aluminum cased ammo?
pshootr

Aluminum

Post by pshootr »

You mean Blazer Aluminum cased ammo?
Usually works fine in most guns.
Kel-Tec says not to use it in their Sub-9 and Sub-2000 folding rifles.
ourbigbluehouse

Aluminum

Post by ourbigbluehouse »

That's the one.
rottenrick

Aluminum

Post by rottenrick »

Blazer, the draw back is it's not reloadable, like wolf. But I think it might be easier on ejectors than wolf. I've bought Blazer in .38, .357, and .44spl. But I prefer brass, softer, reloadable depending on the primer.
rottenrick

Aluminum

Post by rottenrick »

Check this site out GoldenLoki.com . It's an outfit in KS. They have some ballistics tests for the 9x18. Some rounds I'd never heard of,some I had. Shows expansion of rounds. Actually showed the hollowpoint Blazer 95gr. to be the best. Corbon came a part along the wound channel. Check it out.
protector

Aluminum

Post by protector »

Hate CCI primers,too freakin hard,therefore Blazer for me is a nogo!
Aim small,hit small...
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Aluminum

Post by dfunk »

I've put many Blazer aluminum rounds through mine - zero problems and surprisingly not too dirty. I'd buy 'em again.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Aluminum

Post by papabear »

I've shoot a lot of the Blazer airplane aluminum ammo, and still do but mostly in 45acp and 9mm, usually for plinking and practicing point shooting but have never used it in 9x18, but I would, I've never had any trouble with the Blazer line. Now that I'm reloading I prefer brass ammo in the calibers I shoot. I do agree with "protector" about the the CCI primers, I prefer Winchester primers for all my reloads.

Papabear
Last edited by papabear on March 22nd, 2009, 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
protector

Aluminum

Post by protector »

Bought a box of 25 ACP for this bug,had to double hammer each one twice to fire, pulled the shells from the chamber.They looked like normal (deep enough) hammer strikes. I thought it was possibly the hammer spring might be weak but tried a box of Amercan Eagle,problem solved...hard primers... :(
Last edited by protector on March 22nd, 2009, 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aim small,hit small...
gunzrus

Aluminum

Post by gunzrus »

I know this is sort of off subject but I thought I would throw this in, WW primerz, are the best there is, I've shot many of my reloads that I used to prime w/CCI primers through three of my Rugers in .357, .44spl & .45 Colt, and all had shallow pin strikes & Rugers have strong firing pin springs, when I ran out of them I couldn't find any CCI's so I bought some WW's and the pin strikes are just like they should be.
bad1972pinz

Aluminum

Post by bad1972pinz »

The blazer stuff jammed on every single shot out of my ppk/s. It failed to eject, I'd drop the magazine and clear it, then try to chamber from the magazine, and it wouldn't chamber right. I haven't done any feed ramp polishing. This was a brand new pistol that now has about 300 rounds through it.

Your results may vary, I've had no reliability issues with any or the brass cased fmj's, Federal or Winchester.