Wow! What a sweet little piece...

Info, pictures, advice...
truth

Post by truth »

I had my FFL order a P-64 from SOG two weeks ago. I found this site and have spent many hours reading the wealth of info contained here. I want to say thank you to all that have taken the time to make it all happen. SOG sent a 1970 in mint condition, with one clip, except the thumb-shelf grip was cracked. I was able to go to the range yesterday. I had been reading about recoil and sore fingers, hands ect...I found it to be very accurate, and a pleasure to shoot, even my girlfriend shot it very well, it had been a while since she had handled a pistol , and the recoil did not bother her at all. The double action is what it is. It ate many flavors of ammo: +P, jhp/xtp, fmj...and never jammed. It shoots to the left and when I inspected the rear site it is a friction dovetail, and sticking out on one side a hair, maybe a brass punch will take care of it... Anyone done this??? I have ordered two sets of Zee grips, and requested a set of black walnut grips. I wish to thank you all again for this great site and Wow, what a sweet little piece this P-64 is!!!!

Stuart
ozarker

Post by ozarker »

Welcome to the forum. I think you will find a good bunch of guys here. A lot of knowledge. You can see I don't post much. I'm on the other end of that knowledge. But I'm generally here every night. Again Welcome.. Enjoy..
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by abwehr »

truth,

Welocme to the Forum! You did a wise thing by reading all the information on the P-64. This really puts you ahead of the game by learning from the experience of all the other guys.

I think you will like this fine pistol, as it is an accurate piece. Also, you may want to consider buying some of the Polish 9mm Mak ammo from AIM Surplus. The price is very good and the bullet weight is 95 gr. (I think), and it is the ammo best suited for the P-64. It should have less recoil and not beat the pistol as the standard bullet weight can. I have not tried any yet, but hope it has arrived at the house. I am out of town and still won't have time this weekend to give it a try as I will be leaving again Monday for another 8 week trip out of town.

Please keep coming back and ask any questions you have; these guys are great!
truth

Post by truth »

Thanks again to you all... Anyone out there moved the rear site????
kempin

Post by kempin »

You should be able to drift the sight over with a brass punch. Just be gentle and take it slow. Be careful not to over pressure it in the vise, either. If it doesn't "go like it should," stop and don't force it. Better to be patient than to break something.

God bless and straight shooting,

-Kempin
candrnut

Post by candrnut »

A.I.M. Surplus Polish Mak ammo. Lists as 93 gr. FMJ. 50 rounds, $6.50...
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by abwehr »

My Polish ammo is on its way and will arrive Monday. Fortunantly, I will still be home to get a look at it, but no time to fire any as I leave again Tuesday morning for 8 weeks. This is a bummer not being able to shoot all this time, but I guess I will have the fall to shoot.

I bought enough to last me a while, I hope! It is really good to find original Polish ammo for the pistol and in the correct bullet weight!
b52stan

Post by b52stan »

Abwehr, does that $6.50 price include shipping?
Can't find reference to ship charge on their site.
Thanks, Stan
space
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by space »

If you are going to drift your sight, take the slide off first and put it in a vise or lay it on it's side and support it near the the sight.

Welcome to the forum...
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

b52stan,

I got 10 box's (50rds) for $6.25 + shipping for $72.50, the shipping from OH to KY (13.5 lbs) was $10. I don't know what the shipping to FL would be, but probably not much more. After I got the first 500 rounds I ordered another 500 rounds the next day. Good looking ammo, haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.

PapaBear
Last edited by papabear on July 8th, 2006, 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by abwehr »

b52stan,

As "papabear" stated, he was charged shipping, so that will be extra. I am in SC and coming from KY should be about the same for me. I can't wait to see this ammo and wish I could shoot it. It will arrive Monday afternoon and I leave the following morning for WA again; this time for 8 weeks. Definetly having to control the shooting urges as I don't have my firearms with me. There are a coupls of gunshops in Wenatchee, WA and I will be visiting them in the week or so. I have my C&R with me so I may be able to pick up something while I am there, but no P-64s. LOL
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by nbender »

Wenatchee, huh? I'm guessing you're packing some shorts, suntan lotion and sunglasses. Remember, basalt is your friend.
b52stan

Post by b52stan »

Thanks guys, on the AIM shipping question. I'm in SW PA for the summer, so shipping shouldn't be bad.

Been busy with my yard and garden , trout fishing, and fix-up projects on the old homestead here, so haven't done much shooting. My NSA spook son did abscond with one of my "Czaks", so I just had to buy another one to replace it. Good excuse, right? May not see it till October, though, since I had to have it shipped to my FFL in FL.
Bummer. Do have pictures from the Gunbroker listing, which will have to do for now.

Stan
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by abwehr »

nbender,

Yea, the shorts and sunglasses are a definite item, LOL. I have been reading a little on the Basalt rock, so I know how and why it happened. I may work in the hot area, but weekends are in the Cascade Mountains! Here is a photo of me 2 weeks ago when I day hiked up to Colchuck Lake. Colchuck is absolutly beautiful! The color of the water in the photo is very close to true color. This is a high mountain Alpine Lake, and the snow you see in the background are actually small Glaciers. The hike was 5 hours up and 2.5 hours down. The trip down was worse than the trip up, LOL

Last edited by abwehr on July 10th, 2006, 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by abwehr »

My Polish ammo just arrived by UPS. The cardboard box looked fine, but when I opened it, the first box I got out had the lid cracked and a few pieces chipped out. Well, all the others had a varying degree of broken lids,LOL. The plastic appears to be very low cost stuff and has deteriorated over age, plus the UPS guys throwing the box around.

This is some really nice looking ammo. I just wish I could shoot some before leaving!