Wow! What a sweet little piece...

Info, pictures, advice...
alfalfajones

Post by alfalfajones »

abwehr,

Your order sounds exactly like mine did. I have not had a chance to shoot any of mine either.
erich

Post by erich »

Man, abwehr, that looks nice. I live in a pretty area, but that's really lovely.
Last edited by erich on July 10th, 2006, 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
truth

Post by truth »

How long does it take you guys to get grips from Zee??? I am frothing at the bit to get rid of this cracked Thumb-shelf......I sent him a money order on the third of this month.
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by nbender »

abwehr, what a great photo. Come drop over the pass to North Bend and I'll buy a beer.

My 3 boxes arrived today - only one was shattered.
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by bzinggg »

I was right close by the front door, in the kitchen, and the UPS delivery person left this on the porch and split without ringing the bell! ;D

All 6 boxes damaged, 4 badly, carton split and 9 cartridges missing.
Oh well.

They needed to be packed better. I sent some images to
AIM, but they probably don't open attachments. Just tough luck,
since I'm not going to the trouble to file a claim over 9 cartridges.
I warned UPS customer service that they had live cartridges rolling around on the warehouse floor or in a truck somewhere.
More likely a slip and fall hazard that an explosive discharge hazard. It'd be like stepping on marbles! :o I guess if you ran over one with a forklift you might put a bullet through somebody; it'd be a long shot, though. (No pun intended ;D)
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

Wow, I guess I was fortunate, all my Polish Mesko arrived from AIM in great condition, it was packaged very well, and the container was in good shape. I will have to agree though, all that "BROWN" does for us is not good. I have received a few packages that were in rough shape, however, so far all has been well inside. When ever I ship with UPS I pack everything really heavy, I way over do it, and so far it has paid off.

When I received my first order of Mesko ammo (500rds) from AIM, the ammo looked so good, I order another 500 rounds, and it came in great shape too, as a matter of fact, everything I have ordered from AIM has come in great condition, so I was surprised to see and hear that the Mesko ammo was coming in really messed up. I will have to say that the plastic box that the ammo comes in is a bit flimsy though.

PapaBear
POINT SHOOTER
gunut

Post by gunut »

Hey truth,

I sent Zee my order June 16, he just shipped today.

Summer is busy for everyone, and so short up north.

I have only been out perch fishin Lake Erie once so far. I am sure it will be worth the wait.

I gotta get Green with Black Swirl next like Papabear's.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

How long does it take you guys to get grips from Zee??? I am frothing at the bit to get rid of this cracked Thumb-shelf......I sent him a money order on the third of this month.

Be a little patient, Zee has a job plus sometimes he has to order more resin if he is out of a particular color, but usually you get them in a couple weeks or so. Also, the pony express is not the fastest in the world, it takes a few days for the mail to get there and then he has to make them, all his grips are custom made. I remember it seemed a long time for me to get my first sets, but they came in a timely manner.
POINT SHOOTER
truth

Post by truth »

Thanks, Patience is a virture......Tell me which holster fits this piece the best??? I have read all thru the section on holsters, passed up a don hume#42 for $34 a few weeks ago at a show. What are your thoughts??
b52stan

Post by b52stan »

Any holster made for a PPK will work. The rest is personal preference. Seems that lots of guys like IWB with this small slim profile, and you can find lots of cheaper deals than $34 on Ebay. Search Walther PPK Holsters, and feast your eyes. Used go really cheap, and are broken in.
FWIW, Stan.
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by abwehr »

Glad you guys like the photo of Colchuck Lake. It is really more pretty than the photo and the air is sooooo clean smelling. Thanks for the invitation "nbender", I may take you up on that one day with some "advanced warning", LOL.

I think the major problem with the Polish ammo boxes breaking up is the plastic they used. It is a very cheap plastic that is brittle. Unless they are packed tightly together, any dropping or rough handling by UPS will chatter the plastic as we are seeing. I honestly don't think ther is much AIM ca do other than pack in bubble wrap to take the shock of dropping boxes on a transfer conveyor. When you buy the ammo, expect the plastic to be shattered!

My ammo really looks like great stuff, but I noticed one thing; the label is in German. Did the Poles make this for the E. German Military, sporting goods sale, or what? I was a little puzzled by this. Any possible answers to the German Label?
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by nbender »

abwher, anytime, as long as it's on the weekends. I just got posted to Port Angeles for the next couple months. In North Bend, August 5 is particularly good at my place.

Mesko was sold in 9x18 as "Nimrod" for the German market some 3 - 5 years ago. I remember that from threads long ago when I picked up some. A German 9x18 market? Anyway, I have some of the old Nimrod 9x18, and I'm shooting the new Mesko "Vollmantel" (Full Jacket) and I'll post a comparison bewteen the two. It looks to be the same stuff. Kind of wild on the OAL and SD.
tunnelrat

Post by tunnelrat »

Abwehr's pic makes my screen go wobbly, but it is worth it for the wonderful view. Thank you!

b52stan, SW PA is not far from my summer vacation home at Deep Creek in the Youghiogheny River valley of Maryland. I'm a mile from PA and four miles from West Virginia.

I'm getting too old for whitewater rafting at Ohiopyle, but the area is beautiful. Too bad Grandfather didn't know about Maryland's arcane gun laws when he bought this site fifty years ago.
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by abwehr »

nbender,

Thanks for the info on the ammo! I wondered about the German wording on the packaging.

tunnelrat,

Yea, this Saturday I am off to Eight Mile lake hike. This is supposed to be a decent hike to a pretty place. I brought my digital camera back with me so the photos should have better resolution than the cheapie one use camera from Wal-Mart, LOL! I am going on a short hike this evening after work, just not sure right now where????? But I have been told it has a nice view and to bring the camera.

On to another subject, I think I can legally pack a "piece" when lawfully hiking. I will get my wife to UPS me one of my pistols next week so I will have it available. I am thinking about getting her to send me my Mauser M2 in .45APC. It is reasonably light weight and will pack a punch. There was two ladies found murdered on a trail in Washington State the past couple of days, so I want my firearm. I thought about getting my P-64, but I wanted a little more "punch" for 4 legged animals too. I will be in some good bear country soon.
b52stan

Post by b52stan »

Tunnelrat,
I'm about 60 miles NE of the Yough Dam in Somerset County. Little coal mining town in the Alleghenies, where I grew up. Spend summers here at the old homestead. Weather sure beats the rest of the country most of the summer.
Some locals have been fishing the Yough dam outflow area for BIG trout lately. Nice country down your way, too. Don't worry much about gun laws here. Just go out in the wood and shoot, when the need arises.
Stan