J&G P-64's

Info, pictures, advice...
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

J&G P-64's

Post by normsutton »

southbendin wrote: The paint on the trigger is almost all worn out.

just went from 160$
guys
it sounds like a CZ-82 from the paint on the trigger , the P-64 doesn't have any paint on it

and 160 bucks for a CZ-82 is a steel at any condition

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
foxtrotter

J&G P-64's

Post by foxtrotter »

I purchased mine Jan. 16th, mine is marked 1976 also, with the triangular hammer spur. The bluing is perfect. I couldn't be any happier with my pistol from J&G.
southbendin

J&G P-64's

Post by southbendin »

Its a P64. I tried taking pics of it last night but none turned out. I will have my girlfriend take pics of it with her good camera. I'm telling you its been shot before, a lot. The inside of the barrel is pretty dirty also.

I'll post the pics up tonight. It won't be till around 10pm ET though. Sorry for the delay.

When I said "paint" on the trigger, I meant the bluing. The bluing on the grip, not the black plastic, but that metal strip that goes from the trigger guard vertically down to the bottom of the grip is completely worn off. Its basically silver now.

I'm going to stop talking until I get the pictures up though because I'm having a hard time describing this lol. The guy at JG was pretty surprised, so this one must have just slipped by. Its marked 1976 also.
Last edited by southbendin on February 26th, 2009, 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
southbendin

J&G P-64's

Post by southbendin »

Just got off the phone with JG and got my return number. They have 50-60 p-64's left in stock but are expecting another batch of about 2,000 of them shortly.
hairypolack

J&G P-64's

Post by hairypolack »

southbendin wrote:Just got off the phone with JG and got my return number. They have 50-60 p-64's left in stock but are expecting another batch of about 2,000 of them shortly.
wow, 2000?! hmm, may have to get another one.
lagavulin62

J&G P-64's

Post by lagavulin62 »

I hope they let us know when orders start going out from the new lot. I have to agree that bad p64 is surprising, mine was perfect. I just assumed all milsurp products were going to be somewhat worn. what are the odds of getting that bad one when so many have been very pleased? good to hear they are working with you on it.
southbendin

J&G P-64's

Post by southbendin »

Heres a link to a photobucket album with all the pics.

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee16 ... JG%20P-64/

And here is a good pic. There are a total of 37 pics in the album above.

Last edited by southbendin on February 27th, 2009, 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
hairypolack

J&G P-64's

Post by hairypolack »

I guess there is one good thing when it comes to this pistol..it does seem to have some history, but you are right in being pissed about the condition of the pistol considering that most of us here on this board have received flawless firearms from the same supplier.

When you get your new pistol, show us some pics. I hope J&G redeem themselves in your eyes.
dusty62

J&G P-64's

Post by dusty62 »

From the pic it's obvious why you were so upset over the condition of the P64. It's good, though, to hear that J&G are working with you on it. I hope that the next one will be more in line with what everyone else has experienced.

dus'
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

J&G P-64's

Post by normsutton »

southbendin

thanks for the pix , pix say a thousand words
one thing could you resize the pix to 640 x 480 (large)

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
olympus

J&G P-64's

Post by olympus »

Yeah that's definitely worth being upset about. I would easily call that "rough" condition. I'm sure it would make my blood boil to see all of the other members posting pictures of like-new and likely never-fired pistols after receiving that one.

I hope JG redeems themselves as well. Without seeing the pics, I wouldn't have thought JG would have done something like that.
southbendin

J&G P-64's

Post by southbendin »

Yea JG was good about it though. I think they were kinda shocked when I was telling them of the condition it was in but they didnt hesitate to tell me to send it back for a replacement. I doubt mine came from the main lot that all yours did. It couldn't have.
sweetknuckles

J&G P-64's

Post by sweetknuckles »

Good on JG...nice that they got you handled. Sucks you had to send it back tho.

Those poor guys hate me...I'm one anal bastid.

I go in there and they'll let you choose from 3 guns before they'll upcharge you for hand select.

Invariably, the guy will pull out the display model to show me initially. Ha Ha...I stop them RIGHT there and say...look...you can show me the display model son, but I NEVER buy display of ANYTHING...I'm the kind of guy that reaches for the 5th paper down in the stack.

I've made nicey nice with a few of those guys over there, so I try to work with the same ones when I can.

Good guys overall, but it's a tightrope...they are usually so busy attitudes can go either way. I just stay as light of footprint as I can...smiles and handshakes.

Then FANGS if that doesn't work.
lagavulin62

J&G P-64's

Post by lagavulin62 »

there is no way that could get past quality control. probably somebody was having a bad day and just decided to stick it to management. when the shipping crew gets the "this is what we do" lecture hopefully the guy will feel guilty and leave his troubles at home next time.
oppy

J&G P-64's

Post by oppy »

Southbendin,
All I can say is Ouch! On the scale from "gently used" to "seen better days" that P64 was off the chart. They should have just let you keep the POS for parts and sent you a decent one.

As to Fritzhund's original post, My prior Milsup was for a CZ82 from AIM in late 2007 - it was pristine and appeared unused without a mark on it. So...when I bought my 1976 P64 in November 2008, I had inflated expectations. After doing a double take, I realized what I received was in very good shape, it just happened to have a bit of light holster wear.

My P64 is the less refined, more concealable cousin of my CZ82.
The Trouble with trouble is that it always starts out as fun.