Max ammo capacity?

Info, pictures, advice...
southbendin

Max ammo capacity?

Post by southbendin »

I've tried researching on the net this subject. Is 6 rounds the max ammo capacity of the P-64? Are there any extended magazines?

I'm trying to decide on the P-64 or the Makarov. The Maks I'm seeing hold 8 rounds but they are a little more expensive than the 160$ p-64's on jgsales.

Thanks.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Max ammo capacity?

Post by normsutton »

southbendin

there are no extended mags for the P-64 if you looking for more fire power from a 9X18 hand gun get a CZ-82 they are good guns too

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
brianintheup

Max ammo capacity?

Post by brianintheup »

southbenin

J and G Sales has CZ 82 for a reasonable price. $169 to $209. Here is the web page:

http://www.jgsales.com/index.php/handgu ... ath/16_155

brianintheup
southbendin

Max ammo capacity?

Post by southbendin »

Thanks guys. Theres still something about the P-64 that I like more though, even though the magazine capacity is low. It seems to be more concealable then a CZ and im looking at getting my concealed weapon license shortly also. If I felt like it I could probably carry another P-64 mag easily.
hairypolack

Max ammo capacity?

Post by hairypolack »

I have never owned a CZ 82 and would like to have one, but I think their is a saying that goes something like "if you need more than six shots, then you need a rifle."

Also Classic Arms has the CZ 82 as well for $199.95
They seem to be in a little better condition plus it comes with a magazine holder as well as a holster for the pistol.

http://www.classicarms.us/
Last edited by hairypolack on February 12th, 2009, 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
southbendin

Max ammo capacity?

Post by southbendin »

Great. Thanks for the link. I'm narrowing it down to the P-64 and CZ-82. Lastly, does anyone have a picture that shows the size difference between the two? I'm reading that the CZ-82 is bigger but not by too much. I'm tall but have a smaller frame so the smaller the pistol the better. And with Wolff Springs on the P-64 I hear that the recoil will be just fine.
southbendin

Max ammo capacity?

Post by southbendin »

Looks like the P-64 is 6.3 inches long while the CZ-82 is 6.8, plus the CZ is heavier. The grip on the CZ im sure is longer. But, the CZ has ambi safety and im a southpaw. Decisions Decisions. I think I'm still leaning toward the P-64 with the Wolff springs though.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Max ammo capacity?

Post by normsutton »

southbendin

The one in the middle is a P-64 the one 12:00 high is a CZ-82

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
tommy2

Max ammo capacity?

Post by tommy2 »

Southbendin

Don't forget, with the P-64 you can put a round in the chamber, that makes 7 shots If that's not enough you may be 'in a heap o trouble'! When I ordered from J&G I paid $19.95 for an extra mag.. Which I think is a darn good idea with ANY semi-auto! Whatever you decide on, Enjoy! And practice all you can! Good Shootin'! Tommy2
mirother

Max ammo capacity?

Post by mirother »

Fellows--For those looking for a CZ 82, I just saw that AIMSURPLUS has them in again. The price is a little high at around $220, but you get 2 mags, nice leather holster and a separate leather mag holster, not the blond leather box that most of them come with.
southbendin

Max ammo capacity?

Post by southbendin »

Just ordered a P-64 plus an extra magazine from JG Sales this morning. Thanks for all the input. I'll be sticking around here.
southbendin

Max ammo capacity?

Post by southbendin »

Just ordered a P-64 plus an extra magazine from JG Sales this morning. Thanks for all the input. I'll be sticking around here.
polypet

Max ammo capacity?

Post by polypet »

CZ-82 looks only a little bigger but it is a heavier and thicker gun. I don't really think it is a conceal carry piece. P-64 is far more compact and can be carried in a pocket.

But CZ-82 is more pleasant to shoot. P-64 is like popping cherry bombs in your hand.