best prices online

Info, pictures, advice...
rockbottom12

best prices online

Post by rockbottom12 »

ok i found J&g sales at $160 online (very good condition) i may be ordering 3 or so. I am in maryville tn. Is this the best deal going on these?
olympus

best prices online

Post by olympus »

I'm sure if you did some serious digging, you could get a used one from an individual for a little better than that. But I went with JG and I've been nothing but impressed with the condition that mine was in. It was never issued and I'm about 95% certain that it had never even been fired. Depends on if you're wanting to save $20 or $30 and have to do the digging or just go the easy route and get one you know will be nice. Better hit JG up soon though, I've heard they're going to be running low on this pistol soon and I haven't heard any talk of any more imports in the next few years.
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

best prices online

Post by grayfox »

Welcome Rockbottom12,
I,m just up the road in seviervillle. I was at your wally world & found blazer brass 9mm for 8.88 per box. I have three P -64s and love them. As a former LEO, I carry one all the time. Enjoy the forum. If you need anything, pm me. :)
rockbottom12

best prices online

Post by rockbottom12 »

thanks for the info. I have been working on my dad because we are going to make an order together, ill have to let him know. I think we are going to go shoot one this weekend and hopefully order after that.
sugosugita

best prices online

Post by sugosugita »

rockbottom, just to let you know I ordered one last monday (19th) from J&G and they had 300 left. Considering they started out with 1,000 I don't think they'll run out very soon. Mine was like olympus's, excellent condition and probably unfired. Good luck!
olympus

best prices online

Post by olympus »

I was at a gun show a few weeks back and I brought my little P-64 to fit it to a good holster. Anyway, I saw a dealer at a table that had one too and his wasn't in near the condition mine was. Price at $250! I said I'll give you $175 cash for it and the guy laughed at me oh no that's way too low. Of course I had mine behind my back, I showed it too him and said "Paid $180 out the door for this one and it looks a not nicer than yours." I winked at him just strolled on.

I was at your wally world & found blazer brass 9mm for 8.88 per box.
I hope everything they had!
Last edited by olympus on January 28th, 2009, 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rockbottom12

best prices online

Post by rockbottom12 »

I was at the local pawn/gun store, and they were asking $75 over new on a ruger p95, except theirs looked like it had been used as a boat anchor.
sugosugita

best prices online

Post by sugosugita »

olympus wrote: Price at $250! I said I'll give you $175 cash for it and the guy laughed at me oh no that's way too low. Of course I had mine behind my back, I showed it too him and said "Paid $180 out the door for this one and it looks a not nicer than yours." I winked at him just strolled on.
haha that's funny. I tried to show a local pawn shop owner the printed out page from J&G's web site showing them selling it for $159 and he didn't want to even talk to me. He was selling a beat up p64 for $220 ;D ;D
olympus

best prices online

Post by olympus »

Sounds like he was trolling for suckers! ;D

I always enjoy making dealers look stupid. If there's ever a chance for me to call them out in front of a crowd then I jump on it. I was in the market for a Ruger No.1 and went to this gun shop that had a pretty nice looking one. The older model with the red pad for $875. I asked the guy if he could do any better with the price and of course he was "No way, I wouldn't take anything less than $875 for it." I'm sure he was trying to act tough because there were a bunch of other customers looking at other guns. I told him I could buy a brand new one for $800 which is cost plus $20 from a dealer friend but that's I'd rather find a used one. I guess I caught him off guard that I knew what cost was for them and then me makes the mistake of telling me that you can't buy a No.1 in .243 anymore. I said "Maybe you're thinking of a different gun, because you can most certainly still buy them in .243." Then he gets embarrassed and says "Well not with the red pad you can't." To which I replied "Well yeah, since they stopped using the red pad years ago. But I don't think the red pad makes more expensive than you can buy a brand new one." His face got red and he just stopped talking to me all together and walked through a door to the back and didn't come out.

To his defense, I did look like a city yuppy because I was in my shirt and tie straight from getting off work. I guess he saw me as a sucker from the big city and didn't expect me to know as much as I did.
hairypolack

best prices online

Post by hairypolack »

olympus wrote:I was at a gun show a few weeks back and I brought my little P-64 to fit it to a good holster. Anyway, I saw a dealer at a table that had one too and his wasn't in near the condition mine was. Price at $250! I said I'll give you $175 cash for it and the guy laughed at me oh no that's way too low. Of course I had mine behind my back, I showed it too him and said "Paid $180 out the door for this one and it looks a not nicer than yours." I winked at him just strolled on.

I was at your wally world & found blazer brass 9mm for 8.88 per box.
I hope everything they had!
I saw one earlier this month at a gun show for 250 as well. My eyes nearly bulged out of my skull. I tried to talk the guy down but he wasn't moving so I walked off. J&G has them for 160 and even with shipping and FFL transfer I can get it cheaper than 250.
foxtrotter

best prices online

Post by foxtrotter »

Bought mine a week or so ago J&G same price. I don't believe it had ever been issued!!! It is like bran new!! Great shooter also!!!
weirdjack

best prices online

Post by weirdjack »

I just ordered a P-64 finally yesterday from J&G Sales. So it's $181.95 shipped to my FFL guy, then another $20 for the transfer.....$201.85 total ain't bad at all.
Just look at what people are asking for the P-64 on gunbroker! Then add shipping and FFL transfer fees, yikes! I thought about looking for one at the gun show this weekend, then figured there is no way I'd beat the price of $202 total for a new one from J&G.
I like the 9x18 cartridge, as I already have an FEG PA-63 and a Bulgarian Makarov. Can't wait for the P-64 to arrive next week. It'll be interesting to compare it to my Walther/Interarms .380 PPK/s also.
Jack
rockbottom12

best prices online

Post by rockbottom12 »

going to shoot one this weekend and make sure that it is what i want, then ill either order one or give my local shop a shout and see if they can come close to the online price I mean they only have to be within $40 to justify it. I have my eyes on those zee grips too, i like the camo ones. oh and the dickfunk holster in dark brown, that is a good looking holster. So we will have to see.
Last edited by rockbottom12 on January 30th, 2009, 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
olympus

best prices online

Post by olympus »

Good luck with the hunt for one! I enjoy mine a lot.
tommy2

best prices online

Post by tommy2 »

I went with J&G. P-64 $160. Hand Select $10, Extra Mag. $20, Shipping $22 (UPS to PA) My FFL dealer only charges $20 for ordering and paper work, I'm lucky, some charge $40 or more! Total $232 in hand, and it's a Beauty, like new! But the double action pull is a finger killer! Mine measures 29 lbs.! Single action is 4¼ lbs. with some smooth 'creep' and alot of over travel. Recoil will get your attention! Hang on!