best prices online

Info, pictures, advice...
bryno44

best prices online

Post by bryno44 »

OK Mike,
I first read about MCS on this message board. www.mcsfirearms.com. They have a lot of milsurp, C&R and also modern guns. The subject came up because before Christmas last year MCS was selling p-64s (with two magazines) for about $10 more than J&G, and if you bought 2 p-64s MCS would ship for free. (Right now MCS will ship 2 or more C&R long guns for free). Someone asked if all p-64s were imported with two magazines and why J&G was selling p-64s with just one magazine. I had picked up a p-63 from SOG in a large volume buy with some people I work with. (Not exactly pleased with SOG's customer service) I picked up my p-64 at a gun show because my job has brought me to South Texas and I was looking for something concealable with a minimum amount of clothing and the guy who had it thought it was broken because he couldn't pull the trigger in DA. I have Marschal grips on order and would like to buy another p-63 and p-64, but since I saw which way the elections were going I have been sinking most of my spare money into primers, powder and bullets.
rockbottom12

best prices online

Post by rockbottom12 »

hey made my order today for two p64s and two extra magazines.
bob

best prices online

Post by bob »

For the most parts gunshows are not what they once were.Even though I was away from firearms for many years when I started to get back into it about 7 years ago and went to shows the sellers seemed sincere in working with you.Now, I guess, because some will dish out the cash they want to gouge you.It's always the few that ruin it for the many.Buyer wise that is.
hairypolack

best prices online

Post by hairypolack »

Well I called J&G today on my lunch break because my order had been on hold for a whole week and I wanted to know why. It seems that they did not "connect" my order with the FFL that my gun shop sent in. I read such good things about J&G yet when I was talking to them, I got tossed around to three different people before someone could help me. >:(

Anyway, J&G has updated my order status to "processing" and I was told that my P-64 should arrive by the end of next week. ;D
lagavulin62

best prices online

Post by lagavulin62 »

bryno, that was good info so thanks. I got them on my favorites now. very familiar story with the p64 DA. you almost have to think it's malfunctioning because is there such a gun that has an equal pull? i'm thinking if obama had his way he'd require that trigger for every gun manufactured. this way at least he could keep the women from owning guns.

hairypolack, I got my gun in about 5 days but was pretty impatient. after 3 days of seeing "processing" on the tracking info I called to see what the holdup was. they told me it should have already arrived, that they forgot to update the tracking(which is strange because I thought that was the shipping companies responsibility). I call my ffl and the gun has been in their shop for two days. point is, maybe you can't always rely on the tracking info.
tommy2

best prices online

Post by tommy2 »

hairypolack,

I'm afraid that these things happen now and then to all of us. I'll bet that J&G will send you a beauty! I had pretty much the same thing happen to my dealer's order and J&G finally sent one made in 1976 that was in like new mint condition! It was well worth the wait. Let us know what you think of your's when you get it. Most of the P-64's seem to need some lighting of the double action trigger pull, but you can find out how to do that in this wonderful Forum! Good Luck! Tommy2
olympus

best prices online

Post by olympus »

Recoil will get your attention! Hang on!
;D You're right about that! It sure got my attention the first time I shot it. I still can't believe how comfortable mine is to carry. I guess I'm so used to big heavy guns pull my pants down. But I can seriously wear this gun all day and not have a single problem.
sdoyl123

best prices online

Post by sdoyl123 »

Just got mine from J&G and it was like new. Great deal. At the gun shows around here they are priced at $250-$275. And nobody wants to deal. Also picked up a couple of extra mags.
dusty62

best prices online

Post by dusty62 »

Just lookin' around online and J&G seems to have about the best price going. I bought mine from Wild Indian Guns, in North Carolina I believe. I'd have to go back to my paperwork to be absolutely sure since it's been a year and a half. Yeah, the mind is the first thing to go! But, I paid 135 for it, plus shipping. It was in excellent shape. I'm about ready to start lookin' for another one, but te 160 that J&G is showing doesn't seem too bad at all.

dus'
tommy2

best prices online

Post by tommy2 »

dusty62
I'd say that the P-64 from J&G at $159.95 is one of the biggest bargains in 'The Shotgun News' today! Just think, an all steel Walther PPK look-alike, beautifully finished, in like new condition, (at least the one I got two weeks ago is) for a little over $200 delivered! I did pay $10 for 'hand select' and $19.95 for an extra mag, $22 shipping, $20 for the paper work and ordering by my FFL dealer. Around $232 all in all! If you or anyone else out there wants one, don't wait too long! These things won't last forever! I've missed out on some great deals in the past by waiting a week or so too long! Sold out! No, I don't work for J&G, just a happy customer! Good shootin', Tommy2
rockbottom12

best prices online

Post by rockbottom12 »

ordered it on wed and it was here on friday I was so surprised to see it that fast. but it looks amazing. I am looking forward to taking it to the range. p.s. I ordered my wolf springs.
southbendin

best prices online

Post by southbendin »

Just ordered mine today. plus an extra mag from JG. I did not see a handselect option??
dusty62

best prices online

Post by dusty62 »

tommy2 wrote:dusty62
I'd say that the P-64 from J&G at $159.95 is one of the biggest bargains in 'The Shotgun News' today! Just think, an all steel Walther PPK look-alike, beautifully finished, in like new condition, (at least the one I got two weeks ago is) for a little over $200 delivered! I did pay $10 for 'hand select' and $19.95 for an extra mag, $22 shipping, $20 for the paper work and ordering by my FFL dealer. Around $232 all in all! If you or anyone else out there wants one, don't wait too long! These things won't last forever! I've missed out on some great deals in the past by waiting a week or so too long! Sold out! No, I don't work for J&G, just a happy customer! Good shootin', Tommy2
Tommy2,
I'm thinkin' you are right on the money with that. The price is right and I love the P64 I already have.

dus'
breilley

best prices online

Post by breilley »

One more vote for J&G. I don't think anyone here has had a bad experience with their J&G P-64. I've had mine for four months and about 200 rounds, and it's a great little gun. Very accurate, quite reliable so far, and simple to maintain.

Be aware, if you do get one through J&G you will need to perform a thorough cleaning before actually using the pistol. I used the Diesel-fuel-overnight technique, followed with a detail strip and reassembly, then lubed with Mobil 1 and wheel-bearing grease :)

In my opinion, there's no better gun to be had for $160. Buy an extra mag or five, and get the Wolff springs. I bought the three-pack of mainsprings and am now using the 19lb because the 18lb caused the mag to release on its own.
hairypolack

best prices online

Post by hairypolack »

I picked up my P-64 today and gave it a good cleaning. I didn't get the hand select but it still looks unissued and brand new minus two tiny spots where it seems the bluing was a little worn off. The bore looks flawless as well as the magazine. Pictures are coming soon.