First Range Report...Mixed Results

Info, pictures, advice...
primarchbentley

Post by primarchbentley »

Hey Sapo, that a Colt Woodsman Match Target on the far right? Don't think I've seen a picture of the slide held open on one before...
sapo

Post by sapo »

Second day at the range, Pima Pistol Club Tucson Az. Nice and sunny. Took the P-64, Walther PPK and the CZ-82 along with some other toys. Shot allot better than the first over cast day last week. All are capable and accurate. I see no difference in any of the three guns. The CZ-82 is about the easiest and most comfortable to shoot with it's bigger grip. All are accurate. The CZ-82 has sent many Jackrabbits to meet Baby Jesus. I was shooting a little over seven yards. Nope that is a S&W 422. right click on the photos and select properties to view what group goes to what gun. I though they would show up here but they dont....... :o

"From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs”.
Hillary Clinton: "We're Going to Take Things Away From You on Behalf of the Common Good"

Last edited by sapo on January 30th, 2009, 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
olympus

Post by olympus »

Geez...where are you finding all the rabbits at?
hairypolack

Post by hairypolack »

papabear wrote:olympus,

+2 with anjdrifter & grayfox, these P-64's are not target pistols, so center mass is what counts with them, practice very is important if you want to CCW with the P-64. For my old eyes and the short sight radius on the P-64 when I practice with my P-64, I point shoot, I forget about aiming.

This chart is not a exact science but is helpful for possibly correcting a problem we all might have in shooting at any type target, anyway, long ago it helped me and later some of the people I have helped learn to shoot. As for the infamous P-64 bite, correcting your grip with practice and a different set of grips will make a big difference. As for me, I haven't changed a thing on my P-64's except the grips, but I understand why some do change springs, but for me I prefer the heavy DA trigger, it works as a safety for me because I don't use the safety on mine and I keep one in the tube, pull, cock and fire is the way I practice, and practice, practice, practice is the key here.

Sapo,

Nice looking table, and fine shooting in my opinion.

Papabear
these are handy charts and I use these targets when I go to an indoor range. It helped me get a feel for placement and still does to this day.