Info, pictures, advice...
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

WELCOME THREAD AND MEM, INFO

Post by manicmechanic »

Welcome justaguy!!
Thanks for your service!!
You'll love the leather from DF, I've got one for my Beretta and it's good stuff.
Hope you get home soon, safe and ready to get some range time with your CZAK!
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

justaguy,

Welcome aboard, glad to have you with us, and as manicmechanic mentioned, thank you for your service, its good to have another service man on board. Your getting "short" but a couple months can seem a long time when your that far from home, we look forward to you return to state side.

Papa
POINT SHOOTER
justaguy

Post by justaguy »

Thanks for the welcome fellas! I am really looking forward to getting home and getting some range time with my handguns.
mrpancake

Post by mrpancake »

Hello All
Just wanting to let you guys know this is a great site and I have really enjoyed the info posted here! I'm not much for posting unless I have a question!
I'm new to this forum, I do own a 1973 P-64 that I picked up on Gun Broker from ION in NC it was brand new and full of cosmoline after cleaning I have put 100 rounds though it and really like the P-64. I purchased it because I'm a fan of Walther PPK's,I have a new S&W PPK/S in 380 and a German Interarms in 7.65 made in 1970. I also have a Bulgarian Makarov 9x18 that I love to shoot but it is a little bulky for carry.
I have ordered Walnut grips from Marchal Grips for the P-64 and will post a pic if I ever get them!, he never answers any emails ???
Anyway I really like the P-64 and plan to pick up a second one soon! these are great for carry although I catch a lot of flack here in Texas for carrying a pea shooter ;D
Shaun AKA MrPancake
popeels09

Post by popeels09 »

Welcome mrpancake! "I catch a lot of flack here in Texas for carrying a pea shooter"? Heck thats all you can carry in Texas in the summer without a fanny pack! I have never heard of a state where you get arrested for "printing" like Texas does. Doesn't surprise me though, don't get caught with cash in your pocket either: http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/05/05/tex ... index.html
Anyhow, welcome to the board and enjoy your texas legal easy to deep conceal 9x18!
mrpancake

Post by mrpancake »

Well thats it! I'm moving to Oklahoma LOL!
Summer heat is a problem thats why I carry a KelTec P32 in the summer! Now that's a Pea Shooter!
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

Shaun,

Welcome aboard, glad to have ya with us, jump in any time, we don't bite...... :)
POINT SHOOTER
neoshooter

Post by neoshooter »

I am a new member of this forum, and a new owner of a P-64, and...a fairly new gun owner. My wife bought me a Springfield XDM-9 for my birthday last November (note the timing with the election :)

I have browsed the Board and have already learned a lot. Before shooting my unissued pistol from I.O., I soaked it in a kerosene/paint thinner solution and scrubbed, blew it out and blasted it with CLP. After a lot more compressed air and lot of wiping down, she was ready to go.

After 150 rounds, she is getting more accurate (or am I?) and I have had nary a FTF or FTE. However, I plan to handload 9x18's and Wow! this thing ejects brass! I have a friend stand 40 feet away to catch it for me.

I have ordered Wolf springs and am looking forward to getting my 10 posts in so I can look at Zee grips.

BTW, the XDM was my first gun ever. Now I have it, a Ruger 10/22 and this sweet P-64 so I can exercise my CCW permit. My wife bought a Sig 220 with the 22lr kit on it. We went from zero to four in eight months. It's an addiction!
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

Welcome neoshooter!! I to started out with an XD, mine was the service sized 40, quickly followed by Sigs, P64s, Ruger 22/45, ect...
It is definately an addictive sport. Good to see your wife is so interested in shooting too, I'm still trying to get mine to atleast try the Ruger out. In time I guess, in time.
kilogulf59

Post by kilogulf59 »

Hello All,

Please allow me to introduce myself; I am Ken a.k.a. kilogulf59 and I though I’ve been around for quite some time, I have neglected to introduce myself formally. Now that I am about to purchase my first P-64 pistol (I can't wait!!!), I figure it is about time I do so.

For a bit about me, I am just an average middle-aged gent who is interested in integrated close combat methods with and without weapons, general and reasonable preparedness, and all things of that nature. In addition, I maintain a great fondness for history, the written word, and little hunting and fishing tossed in as well.

For an insight into my mindset and therefore my thought process, personally I believe in simplicity and the common sense approach in all areas, to include preparedness and confrontational management. It is my express opinion that true combat is not esoteric nor is it convoluted…it is unpretentious, fleeting, and extremely brutal and that man is THE weapon, everything else is simply an object. As founder and administrator of the Integrated Close Combat Forum, which is a free and nonprofit site dedicated to the education of the layperson and professional-at-arms alike, I have striven to emphasize this methodology.

I will tell you that I am significantly influenced by the teachings of some of the true innovators in the Combatives field. “Shooting to Live” is my Old Testament and “Kill Or Get Killed” my New Testament, so to speak and no blasphemy intended. Of course, that would make Lt. Col. Fairbairn, Maj. Sykes, Col. Applegate, Col. Askins, Col. Jordan, S.A. Brice, Maj. Grant-Taylor, et al, the disciples should I maintain the religious analogy.

As far as my personal background is concerned, I was born and raised in Chicago so, by default, I unfortunately learned a little “confrontational management” the hard way; on the streets, mainly in what not to do…like bleed. My training experience includes Modern Arnis, Miyama Ryu Jujutsu, and FSA style combatives. Formal handgun education was initially through the Chicago P.D. Explorer Program in my youth, later as an adult I attended classes taught by a retired Chicago P.D. Firearms, NRA Certified, and Chapman Academy Instructor and the FSA combat shooting skills that I have learned on my own and with the guidance of a few select instructors in the field.

My current maxim of choice is "REMEMBER – What works for you may not, necessarily, work for me. Keep an open mind!" and I do believe this.

As you can see, the P-64 seems like a natural fit with my philosophy.

That's about it for now as I am certain I have bored you lone enough. I am here to learn and exchange thoughts, techniques, and methodologies, though I am sure, I will glean more from you than the inverse – Thank You.
Take Care and Stay Safe,
Ken aka kilogulf59

Integrated Close Combat Forum
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

kilogulf59,

Wow, that was some introduction, I see you joined back in early '08 on my birthday of all days...... ;D, so you have been lurking for a while, look forward to seeing your posts and photo's. I spent 30 yrs myself in the Gestapo FOID state of Illinois, however, not in Chicago, I was in Springfield and Alton, the so called other State of Illinois, Chicago is a state all to its self..... :-*, I'm glad to be back home in KY., I do miss my Cardinals though.
POINT SHOOTER
crow

Post by crow »

Just lookin round. Don't own a P64, but considerin one. I have a few questions so I joined. Howdy!
tankdriver

Post by tankdriver »

OK, just interducing myself. I live outsaide of Memphis, and started wanted a P64 a few months ago after picking up a Polish UF AK. And found this site. Very good info here.

I'm 57 have owned a ton of guns and Military vehicles over the years. Till my Daughters, and my health forced me to sell eveything I owned just about. I have started picking a few things back up.

I used to own one of every sniper rifle used in WW2. I owned a M5A1 Stuart tank, and a M20 armored car.

I have picked up 2 junk-halftracks to restore, and a 57mm anti-tank gun to restore. Go to

www.junk-halftracks.com

and check them out. Do not have any photos of the 57mm on there yet.
crow

Post by crow »

NORMSUTTON wrote:WELCOME THREAD AND MEM, INFO

can't remember if we ever started a WELCOME & MEM, INFO thread that had a sticky on it ,but better late than never
old and new please write a little about you , you can even post a picture of your self

to all new members and old

NORM
Hi Norm, I posted earlier, just a howdy. Wasn't sure I would be around much. But, I just ordered one of these lil gems, and I am sure I will be around here for a while.
I am almost 58 years old, An LEO, and an evolving gun nut. Just turning into one I think..lol.. I have owned guns all my life, but lately I seemed to have gained a fixation for acquiring more. In my quest for a small carry gun that would fit my big hands, I have about given up. This year I have bought several different guns, and none seem just right. Not sure this P64 will either, but it's a neat gun and I will enjoy owning it.
I won't get the gun for a bit, but am reading alot about changing springs and such. I am looking forward to being a small part of this group. Thanks for being here. Where would we be without good forums?
cherryman69

Post by cherryman69 »

Hello to everybody, very good site. I have learned a lot about P-64. I received my 1969 last week from From J&G very nice, and shoots good. Love the forum!!