Re: WELCOME THREAD AND MEM, INFO

Post by Curly1 »

Nice example.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
jacko0o

Post by jacko0o »

hey Guys I'm new to this forum so just wanna say hi. I own 2 P-64 but never had a chance to actually create an account on this forum. Love the P-64 it's by far my favourite gun together with 1911. I parents were Polish and my grandfather served in Polish military which at that time used P64 as standart side arm. My grandfather took me to a shooting range when i visited Poland way back in 1990 and showed me for the first time P64. I didn't shoot it that day but I told myself when i grow up I will get excatly the same pistol. So right now I own two and they are really pleasure to shoot. I don't find recoil to be overwellming at all. Gun is bild to last, I have all the spare parts so i hope that gun will live up to be past along to future generations. So that was my short story how i got in to the p64 craze lolz. So hello again to everybody.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome Jacko.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Blueliner

Post by Blueliner »

<lack of conciseness warning>
Greetings! Like many specialized internet forums, this seems like a truly definitive source on the P64. As a short time lurker, I have already gleaned enough information to make purchasing decisions and comparisons to other firearms and ammo. Thank you.
I have been shooting off and on (mostly off) for over thirty years and recently I rediscovered my enthusiasm for firearms. This was mainly because several years ago, my then 17 y.o. daughter, had a stalker. He was mentally disturbed and they had never even met each other except over the counter of a cookie store when she worked. He reoffended violated orders several times and his judicial situation went from probation to jail to a mental health facility and then back to jail. Over those 3 years, my wife became more and more aware of the dangers in society and how even in a fairly affluent and “safe” community, one cannot rely on the police. Due to no fault of their own, they just cannot be everywhere at once and often arrive in time to have a chalk outline drawn around the victim.
During his incarceration, we relied on our German Shepherd for earl y warning and my Winchester 1300 Defender for in-home problem solving. As his release date approached she became more concerned about security, not just from him but in general. It was just before his release that she started to talk to her step father about guns and she gifted her a Taurus 85 .38 snub that he had owned for years.
Now that she had a handgun I set out to educate her and teach her proper safety and technique. Now she practices with it regularly and it is in HER nightstand, loaded. During the course of educating her and reeducating myself, a friend sent a link to a Mosin 91/30 that was astoundingly cheap. Thus began the discovery that I had a natural drift toward the Ex-Eastern bloc firearms. Some research and a week or so later I sent my wife a pic of an M44 with a beautiful stock. She loved it! A few days after that, I was surprised to find that a different friend had one and I bought it from him for $150. It is a 1953 Polish M44 and about a 99% gun. Soon afterward my father gave me a Ruger Single Six he no longer wanted so that I could plink as well as a pre-war Mauser that my grandfather had altered at some point in the 50s. It is now a 30-06 and has a 3x9 scope. As unfortunate as those alterations may be, the real value for me is that it was my Grandpa’s gun.
Recently we have seen a national spate of shootings starting with the recent theatre shooting in Aurora, CO. Now my wife is even more concerned and last week I got an email from her with a url from yet another shooting and she said, “Find us a CCW class, I don’t care where or when.” I had been intending on getting my CCW in September anyway but that “order” from her sealed the deal and we are both enrolled in the class in early Sept. By the way, she also said to find a semi-auto for her purse…
Two nights ago, after doing a lot of research, much of it on this forum, we decided on the P64 (with a full Wolfe spring kit) and I ordered one along with a CZ82 for me. Lol
That long winded story is about all you will get out of me! I tend to be quiet and let those that know more amount a subject state their opinions.
Mike

"The plural of anecdote is no data"- old statisticians axiom
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum Blue.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Blueliner

Post by Blueliner »

Nice story Jacko!
Mike

"The plural of anecdote is no data"- old statisticians axiom
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

To all the recent new guys and gals - welcome!
cubfanbudman

Post by cubfanbudman »

Well I just brought home my 1973 P-64. I was looking for a smaller gun for my wife to keep by her at night since I work night shift, my 1911 is too big for her she says. I was looking at a Taurus TCP originally but I saw this at Gander Mountain for the same price (199 with 2 mags), I had always liked the PPK-like looks and I thought the recoil would be less with a heavier gun. Little did I know the opposite was true. I researched and found this forum and ordered some Wolff springs as soon I read up on it. Hopefully that will tame it some, if not I will have another gun for myself and I'll get an excuse to get her another. :D
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum.

You can also try a rubber Hogue JR grip sleeve or some have use a bicycle tire cut to fit..
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
bear34

Post by bear34 »

Hi all. Just picked up my P-64 this afternoon. I grew up in Northern Minnesota and hunted and plinked my entire childhood. Had several firearms until I moved to Minneapolis. I developed other interests and frankly lost my taste for hunting(not criticizing, as long as you eat what you kill.) I ended up giving almost all of my guns to my nephews except for my first gun, a wooden stock Ruger 10/22 that my father bought for me when I was about 10 years old. Until recently, I was opposed to people carrying guns. Not because I thought that they shouldn't have the right, but because, unfortunately I am becoming somewhat cynical with our society. I trust myself with a weapon but not necessarily "You" with a weapon. Over the last few years, I have become proficient in Krav Maga. The P-64 and my CCW are just an extension of my desire to protect my family. I look forward to getting to know you all.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Welcome to the brotherhood bear34. I think you will find that respect for others is very important here, as well as the high degree of knowledge and experience amongst the membership. I trust only an extremely select few when it comes to their weapons skills and or abilities, so I understand exactly what you meant when you said "you".
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum Bear.

I still have my stock Ruger 10/22 from the 70's, shot thousands of rounds thru it. Great rifles, can't wear em out.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Dalton Wayne

Post by Dalton Wayne »

Here I am with my Polish AK, my P-64 is on my right hip
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

You look good to go Dalton!