WELCOME THREAD AND MEM, INFO

Info, pictures, advice...
Netspec

Re: WELCOME THREAD AND MEM, INFO

Post by Netspec »

Hello,

I just joined this afternoon after purchasing my P-64 and Wolff springs. I live in MD and I purchased this gun for when I retire down south. I currently work for the state of Maryland (23 Years and counting) and am a volunteer in my state defense force. My hobbies are: Guns, ham radio and fishing.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Netspec, welcome to The Brotherhood. All the answers to your questions about yhe P64 can be found here, just ask. And may I suggest a Wolf springs calibration pak of recoil springs and Polishirons V.05 grips. Your hand will thank you. If you have not shot it yet please give us a range report when you have.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
Netspec

Post by Netspec »

Thanks for the welcome Ketchman! I e-mailed for info on the grips and purchased the hammer spring kit and a 22# recoil spring
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Your welcome Netspec, we are happy your here. I myself use the 20lb spring and some have found getting the 22lb spring hard to install as the muzzle end needs to be ground flat. You can find info on how to do that here also. Good luck.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum Netspec.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Netspec

Post by Netspec »

Thanks for the welcome Curly1!
telecaster52

Post by telecaster52 »

New to the forum, may as well introduce myself.

PolishIron's (Russ?) grips are the thing that reeled me in to the forum.

Proud P64 owner, ties in to my Polish heritage. My grandmother was a WWII "bringback" :lol:

The P64 was my second handgun, after a S&W mod. 19 ( I guess you could call me a recoil junkie)

Just starting to roll my own ammo, It's amazing how much more I shoot the .44 special when it's less than 75 cents a round :D

Loaded up my first batch of 9x18, waiting to make it back out to my buddy's property to empty out some brass.
"I'm not superstitious, but I AM a little-stitious"
-Charles
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum Charles.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Welcome to The Brotherhood telecaster. We hope you enjoy what you find here. And if you know about Russ's grips then you have done toir homework.
coyotehunter3035

Post by coyotehunter3035 »

Brand new P64 owner here. it happens to be my first semi-auto pistol(i do have a h&r 922), first foreign made firearm and my first 9mm firearm. i bought it yesterday from my cousin who had lightly shot(less than 50 shots) it over the last 10 years. Started doing research and found this site with basically all the info i needed to decide that i NEEDED this gun. shot it for the first time today and love it already.

i'm a big firearm junky that just doesn't have enough money to buy any. was able to get mine for $200.

already ordered the spring sets from wolff spring sets for the hammer and the recoil spring. and hoping to get some new grips on it soon(any good ideas would be awesome, looking for some rubber grips). hoping to contact Polishiron for some.

also if anybody has an idea for some better sights, itd be much appreciated
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Welcome to Thr Brotherhood coyotehunter and yes alk the info you need is either already here or someone here will be able to point you properly.
The Polish Iron grips are the best hands down. I was on the testing team, nothing tried beats em.
As far as sights go, either get some fourescent nail polish, yes it comes in the proper orange or red for fronts and green for the rear which is how I like them on my carry guns. However I modded mine before finding the nail polish solution and that experiment you can read here.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4538
Otherwise, there are no manufactured options that I know of, your gonna have to find something that will fit the slide.amd have it fitted by a gunsmith or mod the ones on the gun. Let us know what ya do cause we are always looking for new ideas on sights.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum CH.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
jim0149

Post by jim0149 »

Hello from the great state of Texas. I am the a new proud owner of the P-64. I have many other handguns but became interested in the 9x18 several months ago. Finally found a P-64 that was in very good condition so I took the plunge. I found this site after the initial struggle with the DA trigger pull. I ordered the complete set of Wolf trigger and recoil springs, but am still experimenting with what is going to work for me. Also I just ordered the Polish Iron grips and hope to see them soon.

Thanks for so many members who are willing to share their experience and knowledge with others concerning this little beast.

Regards,

Jim :hi:
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Jim welcome to the Brotherhood. And you will love the PolishIron grips, they are the bomb. A range report please after you get there.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum Jim.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary