wyo-man

Re: WELCOME THREAD AND MEM, INFO

Post by wyo-man »

Welcome DoubleTap from Wyoming.

wyo-man
trueimpact

Post by trueimpact »

New member from Atlanta and glad to have found others that have similar interest in firearms. Ex Navy,practicing commercial hvac in Atlanta and entire southeast.

Found my 1971 p-64 at a gunshow Sunday while looking for a deal on a Walther ppk/s,only Walthers were pre war in .32,didn't ask how much. found my p-64 just as I was ready to leave and for some reason I had to take it home. After finding this site I realized that this dandy little weapon could be had for a tad bit less than I paid,but I like it a lot.

I rummaged the holster drawer a found a Uncle Mikes paddle holster that fits like a glove and the little p-64 has been on my side ever since. I field stipped,lubed and hand cycled a magazine of Silver Bear hollow points thru the thing,racked one in the pipe,tested the decocker and topped off the magazine,deployed my safety and called it good. Now just need a spare mag and a place to shoot steel cased ammo. This may give my Colt defender .45 a run for the money as my regular carry.
bondwoodcustoms

Post by bondwoodcustoms »

Hello all!

My name is Christian Bond, and I'm the son of a member some of you guys might remember, Himmel. I'm not sure if he's still on the forum. I made grips for some of you guys in the past, but stopped making them during college. Now I'm married, and have a little one on the way. I make and restore violins for a living, and I'm back to making custom grips on the side. Apparently other gun forums don't like guys like me to offer their products on their forums, so I decided to come back to friendly territory! :D I'm just getting back to making grips, and am happy to be back on this great forum.
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

bondwoodcustoms wrote:Hello all!

My name is Christian Bond, and I'm the son of a member some of you guys might remember, Himmel. I'm not sure if he's still on the forum. I made grips for some of you guys in the past, but stopped making them during college. Now I'm married, and have a little one on the way. I make and restore violins for a living, and I'm back to making custom grips on the side. Apparently other gun forums don't like guys like me to offer their products on their forums, so I decided to come back to friendly territory! :D I'm just getting back to making grips, and am happy to be back on this great forum.
Hi.

I don't know about anyone else but I've been starting to look around. Please post some details in the "Buy, Sell, Trade" sub listing options, woods, prices, throw in some pics if you have any.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

bondwoodcustoms wrote:Hello all!

Christian

welcome

how is your dad haven't talked to him in a while,
if I can find some of your old post in buy and sell I put a sticky on it you'll will have to give us a new price list

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

these are some Chris's GRIPS

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

Hi Christian, good to see you back here and for sure remember your dad and you. Sounds like you been busy. Tell your dad hello for us, me Norm and himmel go way back. Looking forward to seeing your grips too.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

Hey welcome back ..say hi to your dad..
here are some more of your grips you made for my 1895 Nagant
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

Here's those plastic camos I was talking about.
bondwoodcustoms

Post by bondwoodcustoms »

Wow fellows! Thanks for the welcome. Glad to see so many of my grips are still in use! I had forgot about some of these. Thanks for sharing them. I'll be sure to post updates on how the p-64 grips are coming along. I'll have to borrow it from my dad, I'll be sure to tell him hello for you papabear, anjdrifter. Thanks again for the welcome!
geebee

Post by geebee »

Hi Folks-New 1972 model P-64 owner. I've been reading this site for a week weeks, and I am impressed with the level of knowledge floating around. What a great web site!
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

geebee,

Welcome sir, glad to have you with us, read and share all you want, we try to accommodate welcome aboad.
GOTGOO

Post by GOTGOO »

Hey guys first post been lurking around here for about a year since I bought my P64. It was made in 1967 and still has original springs. It had holster wear when i got it and i've since reblued it with a cold bluing kit we'll have to see how it holds up.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

Nice looking '67, good to see ya jump on board finally, let us know how your cold blued holds up.

papa
GOTGOO

Post by GOTGOO »

Thanks! I hope it holds up i used some tips like getting it really hot with a heat gun, but i think it turned out good for my first time. This is also the only firearm i have ever owned, but i have been looking at getting a mosin nagant so i might own two before long. I would also like to get my CC by the end of this year since i turned 23 in Feb i'm finally old enough for Missouri!
-Justin