WELCOME THREAD AND MEM, INFO

Info, pictures, advice...
Sgt P

Post by Sgt P »

Just signed up the other day. It is great to find a forum for people & shooters who enjoy older milsurplus firearms. I am a retired USAF combat Arms instructor here in Northern Florida. My last assignment was Hulrburt Field.

Am looking at purchasing a good condition P-64. Trouble is most of the ones that I have looked at in my area have bad barrels that are pretty well shot out and the dealers want $299 for them. I gave up my FFL when BATF wanted to charge my Pop taxes on his custom muzzloading rifles. Sad when he worked so hard to pay taxes when he only made close to .45 cents an hour on them. I can see if he was making $20 to $25 an hour. But thats water under the dam.

I look forward to meeting other members and helping others that need to find parts. I used to deal with Century Arms when we lived in Vermont, so I will check them 1st for possible P-64 parts.
8-) Sgt P.
Last edited by Sgt P on June 24th, 2009, 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
martilyo
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by martilyo »

I'm a new member too, and found unissued P64s at this site:

www.ioinc.us for $199 with 2 mags.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

Sgt P.

after we talked last night , the gun you were talking about with the shot out barrel , could it have been a CZ-82 and not a P-64, the CZ-82 looks like a smooth bore, it has polygonal rifling not the standard rifing

CZ-82 with wood grips

P-64 with Zee grips

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
Sgt P

Post by Sgt P »

Hi Norm,
Good to talk with you last night. The pistol was a P-64 later model with the triangle hammer. I will check with J & G and also with I.O. Inc up in Monroe, NC as they list P-64s for $199 & shipping. Thanks for the info Martilyo. Appreciate all the help guys. Bruce
highbars

Post by highbars »

Hello to all,
new to the site, had my P-64 for about 2 years now and I love it, and this site is great!!!
I carry my P-64 daily.
mikepolo841

Post by mikepolo841 »

Hello All,
Just signed on tonight!! Have 2 P-64's on order from J&G along with extra Mags and The two recommended spring kits.. Hope to have them in a week or so. Looking forward to taking them to the range and see how they shoot... Have been reading and browsing the threads and See that there are some very knowledgeable and helpful people here and it will be a pleasure to be a part of this. So again Good Evening and Hello to all!!
viola

Post by viola »

Hello!

My P-64 is my first handgun. I bought it a couple months back and got my Marschal grips today. My first trip to the range was exciting and now that I have new pretty grips, I can't wait to go again.

I do wonder about the finish though, has anyone else removed the black coating and left the metal finish as is? I'm sure you'd need something coating the metal to prevent rust, but I really like the look of the bare metal, would chroming or nickel-plating be necessary?

Thanks!
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

Welcome aboard and a BIG HOWDY to our newest members:

Sgt P
highbars
mikepolo
viola
lloydke

Glad to have ya with us and hope to see you here often
POINT SHOOTER
highbars

Post by highbars »

Thanks for the welcome papabear, I am reallying enjoying the site, there is so much info, and I am having a blast trying to read it all. Thanks to all the members, for all there post!

Highbars
chuwee81

Post by chuwee81 »

Hi there, i just joined also. Got my P64 by accident. A lady bought the P64 as her purse gun but she didn't like how it recoiled. So she put it up for sale. I was just browsing along the b/s/t thread until i saw her selling a P64, 2 mags, 90 rds of fiocchi fmj ammo plus original holster (with cleaning rod) for 250 bux.I did some reserach and it brought me here. After finding out more about them, i decided that i want to get it. So we negotiated and i got it for $220 bux. I couldn't be more happier. The built is nice, solid, and easy to maintain.

I was a long time 10/22 owner and just recently started collecting milsurp items. Just got a mosin that i refinished about a month ago. And this little P64 fit into that category as well. I will also reblue the P64 since some of it was worn around the muzzle and slide. Looking forward to spend some great times here. Cheers !
mikepolo841

Post by mikepolo841 »

Hello all, Thank You Papabear for the welcome!!! I have recieved my (2) P64's from J&G Sales. Got a 1968 and a 1969 manufacture, have replaced the recoil springs with new #22's from Wolf and am waiting for the main springs as they were on backorder.. The pistols are in excellent condition, the 1968 has some holster wear at the front of the slide but it looks like it was never fired. The 1969 has only a little nick on the slide on the front left side but other than that it looks like it was never issued. So I can say I got a great deal.
mikepolo841

Post by mikepolo841 »

Now I just have to satisfy the 10 post rule so that I can browse the BST section and look into new grips and anything else that I may want to dress these sweet pistols with. But thanks to all who post here for all the great data on these, otherwise I may not have ever found them...
oakchas

Post by oakchas »

Hello from Iowa.

I've been a member for a few weeks, and just recently acquired my P64s. 3 of them!

I got them from I.O.INC. And am pleased with the condition... though only one may be trully "unissued" as only one came with a new holster. The other two had used holsters and one of them came with what may be a CZ 82 cleaning rod.

I took all three to the range, without cleaning (I know, I know) and all fired silver bear flawlwessly. One mag through each.

I find the DA pull to be absolutely unacceptable, and I will be replacing springs in the hopes that an 18 or 20 pounder will help this.

DA pull is so stiff that staying on target is difficult while squeezing the trigger. SA pull is gritty and a surprise break. But, as I said I hadn't cleaned them. So, I have some work to do before going back to the range.

Thank you for this site, It is a valuable resource, and I expect to be posting more while I learn even more from the folks around here.

Charlie
mikepolo841

Post by mikepolo841 »

hey All, Yep I am back again.. Went to the range fired a few mags to see how it felt, was great but I do have to change out the main spring... But upon getting home and cleaning the pistol I decided to clean all of my pistols and am now carrying the P64 in the holster I had been carrying my CZ model 27 in.. they are both the same size and it fit like a glove, had not been thinking of my old trusty model 27 before as I have had it for 20+ years.. So till I decide on what I want to carry the P64 in all the time it has a temporary residence..
justaguy

Post by justaguy »

Just wanted to drop in and say hello!

I bought my P-64 about a year ago, did the spring swap as soon as I got it home and have loved it ever since.

I am currently stationed in Korea so I won't be able to shoot my P-64 until I get home a couple months from now.

I came here looking for some accessories and already placed an order from dickfunk for a IWB holster and mag carrier. I can't wait to learn more and enjoy the company of you fine people.

P.S. And here is my little beaut...
Last edited by justaguy on July 19th, 2009, 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.