WELCOME THREAD AND MEM, INFO

Info, pictures, advice...
kragluver

Post by kragluver »

Howdy:

I just joined the forum last night. I am a lifetime shooter, hunter, handloader, bullet caster and hobby gun tinkerer - also an Aggie. We live in a small town in north Texas just west of Fort Worth. You can tell by my username what my favorite rifle might be ;D

I have been a .45 auto guy for several years and the 1911 is my favorite go-to pistol. They are just hard to conceal during Texas summers :P I discovered the P64 while researching a pocket carry/alternative gun for CCW in the summer. I had almost settled on the Bersa .380 when I happened across this website. Whithin a week after reading all about the various DA and recoil improvements, etc., I was sold. My P64 from J&G arrived yesterday and I'm looking forward to shooting it and tinkering with it. I already contacted Zee and plan on ordering a pair of his resin grips. I like the wood grips I've seen on this website, but this gun is to be a utility carry gun and I just couldn't see messing up a nice set of wood grips!

Anyway, it looks like ya'll have a nice little forum going here and I look forward to reading and learning more about the P64.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

kragluver,

Well how about a big ole HOWDY and Image from KY, welcome aboard, glad to have a Texas lad with us, I live there a couple times, once in Temple and one time in San Angelo, I was a Army Brat, dad was USAAC.

Papa
POINT SHOOTER
kragluver

Post by kragluver »

Thanks for the welcome. I was born and raised north of San Antonio and have lived in the Fort Worth area for the past 20 years. I have family in San Angelo and all over the hill country.
kilogulf59

Post by kilogulf59 »

papabear wrote:kilogulf59,

Wow, that was some introduction, I see you joined back in early '08 on my birthday of all days...... ;D, so you have been lurking for a while, look forward to seeing your posts and photo's. I spent 30 yrs myself in the Gestapo FOID state of Illinois, however, not in Chicago, I was in Springfield and Alton, the so called other State of Illinois, Chicago is a state all to its self..... :-*, I'm glad to be back home in KY., I do miss my Cardinals though.
Well boy howdy old neighbor...sorry I missed the post but I just figured out how to get Email notifications of my booked marked threads.

I feel sorry for the down state folks in ILL-Annoy, they get screwed by Chicago/Cook County big-time. Actually, same here "behind the cheddar curtain". We get it from Madison and Milwaukee.

Hey I pick up my first P-64 tomorrow!!! I am one of you guys now!

PS

We're Cubs fans... :( :(
Last edited by kilogulf59 on August 24th, 2009, 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Take Care and Stay Safe,
Ken aka kilogulf59

Integrated Close Combat Forum
overkill556x45

Post by overkill556x45 »

Hey all. I joined about ten minutes ago because I'm ordering a P64 on Monday (if I can get a hold of my FFL. mom&pop guy only charges $15/transfer). I already ordered the 22lb recoil spring and hammer spring tuning pack.

I'm in the Iowa National Guard (infantry), did a tour in Trashcanistan '04 - '05 and will probably do a reunion tour there soon. Been in for eight years, getting out after 9. My wife is in Iraq right now, also with the IA Natl' Guard. Coincidentally, she was excited about me getting a P64 since she always wanted a PPK but I could never bring myself to pay $500 for a .380. I've got my associate's degree and am 10 credits away from my bachelor's in sociology/criminal justice. I had a hiccup with my Army college money, so right now I'm applying to be a research assistant at the local university.

I reload for .45ACP, .45 Colt, .308Win, .223Rem, and setting up for .38SPL. I do most of my own gunsmithing, though I'm not very good. I can change parts and polish stuff here and there. I'm not brave enough to try changing geometry and all that stuff. I have fitted a thumb safety for a 1911 once though. That was an experience!

I have a pretty well rounded accumulation of guns. I have some tacticool stuff, as well as some classics like my M48 Mauser and Romanian TTC. Of course I have an M&P15 and Benelli Nova slug gun that I put a +2 mag extension on so it was more tacticool. My future CCW gun is an M&P9C, which I shoot pretty well out to 50 yards (about 10" group at 50. about as good as I can do). I'm getting the P64 as a pocket gun/deep concealment/hot weather gun.

I already got a lot of good out of this site looking at the sticky about how to change the hammer spring without the dreaded *sproing!*. By the by, I post on TFL under the same name.

Cheers.
thunder1951

Post by thunder1951 »

Hi All,
I am very fortunate to have found this P-64 forum.My love of firearms started when I was a kid on a dairy farm about 50 years ago. I did a lot of hunting as a kid and into my teen years. I have owned S&W, Colts, Remmington and Marlin firearms and others but have forgotten the names. As life changes :IE marry,career, work , more work, kids, lots more work and now kids are grown up and gone I find myself getting back to enjoying the things that I put aside to raise a family. I just purchased a P64 and am looking forward to it arriving next week.
I currently own a Ruger 9mm P89DC and a German 1924 Deutsche Werke 7.65m which my uncle left me when he passed away a few years ago. Anyway glad to be here, Thank you

Thunder
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

thunder1951 and overkill556x45,

A big ole Image glad to have you both with us, come often and stay late.
POINT SHOOTER
voodoo

Post by voodoo »

Hi,
I just picked up a P64 1973 model today so I thought I drop in and say Hi
Its very cool there is a whole community evolving based upon this little polish firearm.
I have not had a chance to take it to the range but in a couple of days for sure.
cya
Matt
rottenrick

Post by rottenrick »

voodoo, Welcome aboard.
victorcreed

Post by victorcreed »

Hi, been a member for a bit, first post today. I've got 1 p64, iirc its a 70 model year. Love the gun, fires well, i use it as a carry piece.
cz82luvr

Post by cz82luvr »

Hi Ya'll. It took me a while but I finally found a good looking 9X18 Makarov and CZ forum. I found a P-64 at one of my local gun stores the other day. WOW, it takes a mule and mother Teresa to pull that SA trigger. Everything I heard about it is true. BUT . . . I like the looks and size of this gun. I'll check with my local gunsmith about changing out the springs so it becomes a normal feeling trigger.

Anyway, I'm a former airline pilot who now works for the FAA, i.e., Federal Government in Oklahoma City, OK. I work at the Mike Monroney Aeronautical Center also known as MMAC. I am a Platform Instructor, glorified ground instructor. I have a small apartment and a small dog, "Sherman".

I enjoy handguns, shooting and the small 9X18's. I mean I also have some bigger guns too like a S&W .41mag & S&W .44mag. I usually carry a Sig model P225, 9mm in a Comp-Tac IWB holster. That too is a great gun. I guess I just like guns. I have a Mossberg model 500 12ga shotgun and a <Mosin Nagant 91/30 so I'm not just hung up on handguns.

I love New Mexico and lived there prior to Oklahoma City. When I retire I think it will be in New Mexico. They have favorable handgun laws also.

So, that's a little about me. If you want more e-mail me and we'll converse or whatever.

TTFN
Pete
[b]"Experience hath shown, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson[/b]
texicanscotty

Post by texicanscotty »

Howdy from Humble, Texas. Got a P-64 yesterday but am not allowed to touch it until Christmas. I found this site looking for more info and decided to join the group. I purchased it from Gander Mountain for $199 and seems to be in great condition. Wish me luck!

Scott
fivepointstar

Post by fivepointstar »

Hello...I've been lurking for about 3-4 weeks and finally registered. Great site!! I"m from the Republik of Marylandistan or Cuba on the Chesapeake for those who enjoy scenic routes. C&R are great b/c it circumvents state socilists programs and watchdogs.

I recently picked up 2 P-64's ('65 & '70)in a group buy from J&G. I'm really happy but still had not a chance to go to the range. I'm more of a collector than a shooter and recently picked up 9x18 maks in my collection. I collect police/military trade in's by caliber and Im at 9mm Mak and 7.62x25.

I've been drueling over the P-83 and SMC-918. I see J&G has the P-83 any tips on the SMC-918

my collection is small
CZ-82
Bulgy Mak
2 EG Mak's
IMEZ Mak on the way
2 P-64s
PA-63
CZ-52

Looking forward to learning on the forum and hopefully contributing.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

welcome to the site firestar. I am chuckling about cuba on the bay.
I am in De and also have a place in Va on eastern shore. MD is another jersey and or Mass...
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

fivepointstar,

Welcome aboard, glad to have ya with us, and hope to see ya here often, I have all the handguns you mentioned except the PA 63, love em all, the 9x18 IMO is a good round.
POINT SHOOTER